GTN Filter : I Don't Already Own

Bugisttod

Hi folks,

For several GTN search categories linked to collections, for example Pets and Mounts, if you already own the item then it appears greyed out.

While this is very useful, it still means having to flip through dozens and dozens of pages of greyed out items to see items you still need to collect.

Sure, you could put in search parameters to narrow the list, but given the system to grey things out is already in place it would be really nice to have an option (tick box, perhaps) on the GTN 'Ignore Items I Already Own' or 'Only List Items I Don't Own' (however you think it could best be phrased).

For pets and mounts it would also be really nice to be able to subcategorise them into 'creature' and 'tech', but unless they're already flagged as such in the database I suspect that would be far too much work to go through every one and add the flag.

Hi folks,

For several GTN search categories linked to collections, for example Pets and Mounts, if you already own the item then it appears greyed out.

While this is very useful, it still means having to flip through dozens and dozens of pages of greyed out items to see items you still need to collect.

Sure, you could put in search parameters to narrow the list, but given the system to grey things out is already in place it would be really nice to have an option (tick box, perhaps) on the GTN 'Ignore Items I Already Own' or 'Only List Items I Don't Own' (however you think it could best be phrased).

For pets and mounts it would also be really nice to be able to subcategorise them into 'creature' and 'tech', but unless they're already flagged as such in the database I suspect that would be far too much work to go through every one and add the flag.

Very good.

/signed

Great idea.

I'd also like a filter to show just ONE of an item I'm looking for and when I click on it it expands and shows the rest, be it 1 or 2 more or another 20.

For example, I search for just a "belt" and I get 55 pages with availabilities from 1 to 3-4 pages of the same exact belt. Especially if I'm trying to find a nice looking belt first I have to wade through pages and pages of identical ones.

Just show my one of each that's on the GTN and a little number beside it indicating how many are actually available and if I want to see the rest of them to compare prices then I click on it to expand and get the one I want at the price I want.

But, yeah, just trying to browse the GTN for nice stuffs is a chore.

Agreed. +1

What would also be nice would be the possibility to tick a box saying 'Only show one of each item'.

So let's say you're trawling through all of the moddable armours, or all of the moddable lightsabers, on the GTN to find the one with the right cosmetic look for your character, inevitably you are going to have to scroll through many, many pages of the same items, that you have already previewed, for quite some time. The ability to click a box so that only one of each item is shown would eradicate this annoyance, showing only the cheapest (in unit price) of each named item, e.g. instead of 3 pages of Covert Energy Boots only the cheapest Covert Energy Boots would show up.

Or they could just get off their asses and overhaul the GTN's design, because it needs it badly. There's several features that are outright broken, like the filtering system to display only what you can use, or the ability to price items per unit vs. the whole stack when you're trying to sell something.

• 1 year later...