The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware tries to do something nice.............

extroe

Actually, we all paid money for early access, so I wouldn't call it a 'priveledge'... Don't know about all of you, but I paid 5 euro's or dollars extra...

And since I ordered online and payed right away... I didn't ask them to keep some magical disks behind the counter. Just the download-manager... And I just KNOW I did not pay 5 euro's for early access to the download-manager... did I?

Early access is a priveledge not a right. it's free game time.

1: Everyone who pre-ordered paid extra for early access. It should be a reasonable amount of time. There should be a minimum amount of early access time, not a maximum.

2: SWTOR is an expensive title. When I pre-ordered it was £45 for the basic version. PC games are usually £30-35 depending on how much the publisher thinks they can get away with. £10-15 is not a price any of us would have paid for a level 7 colour stone. Hell for that price I'd want 2 months of game access included.

So sorry, however much it makes sense from a technical standpoint (you can't go straigt to 5th gear after all), people do have every right to demand to get what they paid for.

Edited by Rigsta

and everyone complains that they didn't get enough special treatment. Early access is a priveledge not a right. it's free game time. And It helps prevent server crashes.

Boohoo if you can't get your server first achievement. If you're that obbsessed with the game hop on one of the new servers as they come online.

I like the staggered invites even tho it means i won't get on till thursday probably. It improves the overal gameplay. I've been to plenty of midnight game launches where the servers were up for all of 10 min before they crashed and took 6 hours to come back up, then crashed again for another 3 hours.

Be happy that bioware is trying to make things run smoothly. I've been chatting with my guildies who got in today as they play and guess what. No crashes, no massive lag.

So thank you bioware for your efforts

Early Access is just a normal launch. How naive.

The amount of Crying in this thread, and all the other threads in these forums is so damn funny I can't help but laugh.

You guys need to go find your big boy britches, take off the diapers, and quit nerd raging about an effin game.

This is hands down the smoothest release I've taken part of. People that didn't get in today, means that didn't redeem at least, what 3 days from pre order?I can't believe you all expected to get in the first wave anyways... childish dreams.

Quit QQing, wait your turn, and enjoy it, I promise a few lost days won't ruin the rest of your gaming life..... Well maybe those of you on the PVP servers because of the exploit, but lol @ that whole situation, you might as well drop your pants and throw away the lube, you won't be given a chance to apply it. :o

and everyone complains that they didn't get enough special treatment. Early access is a priveledge not a right. it's free game time. And It helps prevent server crashes.

if it were something they did out of the blue then yes it's a priviledge; when they promote it as a selling point of a pre order then no, it's not. it'd be like you paying for a bmw and getting a chevet. then them saying well you could've gotten a BMW.