The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Item to transform a piece of armor or a weapon into bound to legacy

• 9 months later...
As per title, why don't you place a token in the CM that can bind to legacy a piece of armor or a weapon? I would love it and pay it!

I hope they never do this. With the exception of moving bound mods via legacy gear, items that are bound to character should remain bound to THAT character, IMO.

We can already move mods around using legacy gear.

If you want that nice shiny new relic, earpiece or implant from a NiM OP for your smuggler, then run that OP with your SMUGGLER, not your BIS geared commando and then beg BW for a way to let you transfer that BOP relic to our smuggler.

What I'm going to say is sadly very VERY selfish on my part (I'm just warning whoever reads this).

I have a chest-piece called Traditional Vine Silk Vestment (was obtainable in a Voss Heroic quest and had the same skin as Darth Thanaton and Horak Mul). it's was (they removed it along with the other orange gear in 4.0) only obtainable by sith sorcerers, which I (for one) greatly disliked. It was, in my opinion, the best looking light ancient chest piece by far (at least for the sith inquisitor). suggesting the dye used for that gear would be impossible to implement, and asking for the armor as a cartel gear would mist likely just be downright silly.

I don't know how popular a bound to legacy token would actually be, the difficulties it would be to implement for the developers, nor of the in-game consequences it would have. I'm very sorry if this post made everyone who read it dumber. I just thought that since this is the cartel market suggestion forum, I would like to back this suggestion.

What I'm going to say is sadly very VERY selfish on my part (I'm just warning whoever reads this).

I have a chest-piece called Traditional Vine Silk Vestment (was obtainable in a Voss Heroic quest and had the same skin as Darth Thanaton and Horak Mul). it's was (they removed it along with the other orange gear in 4.0) only obtainable by sith sorcerers, which I (for one) greatly disliked. It was, in my opinion, the best looking light ancient chest piece by far (at least for the sith inquisitor). suggesting the dye used for that gear would be impossible to implement, and asking for the armor as a cartel gear would mist likely just be downright silly.

I don't know how popular a bound to legacy token would actually be, the difficulties it would be to implement for the developers, nor of the in-game consequences it would have. I'm very sorry if this post made everyone who read it dumber. I just thought that since this is the cartel market suggestion forum, I would like to back this suggestion.

There have been many threads regarding his subject.

Changing an item from bound to character to bound to legacy opens up a lot of potential for abuse, IMO. This abuse includes, but is not limited to, moving relics, implants and earpieces.

I suggested a compromise of a "token" that would allow EMPTY orange shells, and ONLY empty orange shells to be converted from bound to character to bound to legacy.

When you purchase a piece of legacy gear from a vendor, you receive an EMPTY orange shell.

Even that compromise, though, is opening a can of worms and starting down a VERY slippery slope, IMO.

"I can already make my empty orange shell bound to legacy. Why not allow me to make that empty purple shell bound to legacy?"

"Why do I have to pay to pull the mods out of that orange shell? Let me convert it to leqacy gear without having to pay to remove the mods first."

"I can already convert that empty orange shell to legacy gear. Let me convert that BIS smuggler earpiece I got on my commando to legacy gear, so I can just send it to my smuggler."

No. All things considered, I think the best course is to leave the binding rules exactly as they are, and character's items bound exactly as they already are.

There have been many threads regarding his subject.

Changing an item from bound to character to bound to legacy opens up a lot of potential for abuse, IMO. This abuse includes, but is not limited to, moving relics, implants and earpieces.

I suggested a compromise of a "token" that would allow EMPTY orange shells, and ONLY empty orange shells to be converted from bound to character to bound to legacy.

When you purchase a piece of legacy gear from a vendor, you receive an EMPTY orange shell.

Even that compromise, though, is opening a can of worms and starting down a VERY slippery slope, IMO.

"I can already make my empty orange shell bound to legacy. Why not allow me to make that empty purple shell bound to legacy?"

"Why do I have to pay to pull the mods out of that orange shell? Let me convert it to leqacy gear without having to pay to remove the mods first."

"I can already convert that empty orange shell to legacy gear. Let me convert that BIS smuggler earpiece I got on my commando to legacy gear, so I can just send it to my smuggler."

No. All things considered, I think the best course is to leave the binding rules exactly as they are, and character's items bound exactly as they already are.

Thank you for giving me food for thought (if that is the phrase I'm looking for). It was a good explanation.