New Cov Ice Field - satellite hardpoint

Chaosataoist

I've read old threads (from last year) that said there used to be a bug with the New Cov Ice Field space mission (or with Grade 7 spaceship upgrades) that made destroying the satellite hardpoint impossible.

A while back I completed the mission, using my EMP as I flew past the satellite - no problem.

Recently, I've replayed the mission several times and no matter what I do I can't seem to destroy the satellite. Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem? Is the mission or the upgrades bugged again?

• 5 months later...

Yeah, I've since completed the mission several times, so it's doable, just not easy.

Keep in mind that when you're flying right at it near the end, you're most likely shooting the fighters circling it, not the satellite itself, so It helps to aim slightly above its center.

Other than that, like the previous poster said, try to eliminate the shields around it as soon as possible and then shoot it whenever you see it (preferably with missiles). Then use the Improved Electromagnetic Pulse when you're close by.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the response, but I still cant do this with every method tried and failed.

For the record, I am 3k away from Legend .. so done everything in the space mission achievements, but this still eludes me ..

I have tried no less than 30 times but not even got close to taking it down :(

baros and thanium quests are a breeze compared to this hardpoint