Slash on Sentinels - Animation Delay/Effect

EenVooral

In the past few weeks, I've noticed that when I use Slash on my Sentinel, the animation goes off when activated but the actual damage to target is delayed by a good 1/2 second to full second. It is the only ability currently where this issue is present. My avg latency is 35ms. Don't know if I'm the only one that this is happening to or not.

As an aside, while I have been vocal (and sarcastic :) ) over the years about certain changes to the Sentinel/Marauder class, I still do respect all of the hard work that the Dev, Combat & Customer Service Teams have put into this game to keep it alive and as enjoyable as possible, and for finding that never-ending balance between "business interests" and the "QoL" of the player-base. While I'm sure there will be things down the road that I will not be pleased with (and I'll comment on, LOL) as the game evolves, I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that you all still have my appreciation, my loyalty and my thanks. :)

There's another thread which talked about a delay with the Massacre/Slash ability; in there, it was mentioned that only the sound is delayed. Are you sure that the damage is also delayed or were you just confused because the sound is bugged?

It's not just the sound, it's also the effect. Below is a very quick parse using parsec which shows the delay between activation and actual effect:

18:26:40.524 You activate Slash

18:26:40.524 You spend 3 focus point

18:26:40.524 You gain Centering

18:26:40.524 You restore 1 focus point

18:26:40.524 You gain Power Surge

18:26:41.571 You hit Operations Training Dummy with Slash for 2,695 energy damage (2,695 threat)

18:26:43.351 You activate Slash

18:26:43.351 You spend 3 focus point

18:26:43.352 You restore 1 focus point

18:26:44.405 You hit Operations Training Dummy with Slash for 3,100 energy damage (3,100 threat)

As you can see, there is roughly a 1 second delay between ability activation and actual attack. So it isn't just sound that's delayed, it's the actual attack.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...