Suggested Reforms to the Dye System

ChaChaLoco

I personally think who ever is coming up with these color combos has very poor taste or something because some of them are just plain UGLY combinations!!!

I think this is actually intended. "Ugly" combos is more common to heighten the feel that the rare colors are more beautiful. Its the same with the variations of ugly armor gear from packs, (not since the Shadow packs thoug, them and Explorer packs are really great).

But hopefully game developers will start to notice that it doesnt pay off to "punish" players with crap items bought by players' real money. But sure, the variation is always nice. I mean Green and Blue Dye may be awesome on a specific piece of gear... Id just want the variation to be more.. varied.

I think this is actually intended. "Ugly" combos is more common to heighten the feel that the rare colors are more beautiful. Its the same with the variations of ugly armor gear from packs, (not since the Shadow packs thoug, them and Explorer packs are really great).

But hopefully game developers will start to notice that it doesnt pay off to "punish" players with crap items bought by players' real money. But sure, the variation is always nice. I mean Green and Blue Dye may be awesome on a specific piece of gear... Id just want the variation to be more.. varied.

I don't know. I think the person who came up with the black and mint green combo needs his eyes or head examined. When I first saw that one on an armor It made me want to throw up :(

Edited by Anaesha

I believe that if a player wants to dye their armour Black and Mint Green, or Purple and Sapphire, or Pink and Yellow, then there is no reason they should not be able to do so, especially considering the foundations of a system that could easily facilitate this are already well established in the game. I, of course, will prefer more natural colour combinations, but even all of these are not in the game yet! One can acquire the item 'Light Brown and Dark Brown Dye' but it's reverse, 'Dark Brown and Light Brown Dye', is currently an impossibility! Edited by ChaChaLoco

I just wish that Armortechs & Synthweavers had the ability to change the initial colors of their Crafted Goods, and to an extent, the Color Crystals of the Artificers.

I disagree, that's what the dye system is for. If we could choose the colour of the armour from the outset, that would subtract a significant amount of demand from the dye economy. The same could be said of colour crystals, though it's slightly different and is similar only in some aspects.

Someone said once that they got their color combos from professional sports teams' uniforms. Personally, I think the green/purple dye module is from some design dev who worked for Sony on EQ2 when the Kingdom of Sky expansion was released. That was the color combo for, sadly, some of the best raid armor in the game. We used to say we were dressed in the dark by Bobo the Clown. And that is how I feel about a LARGE portion of the dye combos, so I would kill to be able to select the primary/secondary/tertiary colors separately. Or pay out the CC for the ability. Though I don't think they would ever get me to pay the 1500 CC cost of the black/black module. That's just stupidly expensive. They would make MORE CC if they lowered the cost to meet the pent demand.

This is a joke, right? Tell me you're joking.

Given some of the color combos I've seen and how ugly they look I'd be more inclined to believe a statement like that tbh. :(

Edited by Anaesha

Given some of the color combos I've seen and how ugly they look I'd be more inclined to believe a statement like that tbh. :(

Thinking back on it, I find myself unfortunately becoming more convinced that it is not a joke. :/