The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Disney Infinity 3 (Star Wars) Announced

For anyone who cares, Disney announced Disney Infinity 3 today which features a heavy focus on Star Wars this time around the way last years game had a heavy Marvel focus.

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWnA-yXUmJI

Game Informer Announcement Article - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/05/05/june-cover-revealed-disney-infinity-3-0.aspx?utm_content=buffer32692&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Snipit from the article.

Star Wars fandom is often divided between the two trilogies, and Disney Infinity 3.0 is catering to both audiences. Avalanche returns at the head of development while recruiting other studios to work on specific packs and systems. Ninja Theory’s (Devil May Cry, Heavenly Sword) pack-in playset, Twilight of the Republic, follows Anakin and Ahsoka as they fight to uncover who’s behind a freshly minted droid army. The story is set after Star Wars: Episode II, and it features land and space battles with plenty of melee combat. Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Darth Maul can enter the fray, too, as separately sold figures. Studio Gobo’s (Disney Infinity's Pirates of the Caribbean playset) Rise Against the Empire is a highlight reel of sorts that follows the events of the classic trilogy. Luke and Leia tangle with Darth Vader and his forces through memorable sequences, including the battle of Yavin as well as time on Hoth and Tatooine. Chewbacca, Han Solo, and Darth Vader figures will be available individually. Star Wars characters can cross over between the Star Wars playsets, too, which could lead to some canonically unsound (but fun) scenarios.

Another Star Wars playset is coming this winter based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. There are also sets based on Pixar’s Inside Out – with figures based on Joy, Disgust, Anger, Fear, and Sadness – and one from United Front Games (Sleeping Dogs) focused on Marvel characters including Hulkbuster Iron Man, Ultron, and more. Additional figures for Disney Infinity 3.0 include Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron: Legacy, Mulan, Olaf, and more. The Toy Box is getting special attention, too, with the addition of an updated hub world, toys for new players and experts, and the addition of an all-new farming system. May the pitchforks be with you.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

My god, what the actual ....?

The quality of those graphics resemble KOTOR 1 and 2, if not worse.

Han Solo looks a bit like the blue-haired noob of Rebels (worst serie ever made).

And that part with all those Disney characters, jesus I had to puke.

Edited by PSVEindhoven

My god, what the actual ....?

The quality of those graphics resemble KOTOR 1 and 2, if not worse.

Han Solo looks a bit like the blue-haired noob of Rebels (worst serie ever made).

And that part with all those Disney characters, jesus I had to puke.

I don't think that you are their target audience...

"The Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Starter Pack will include the Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Base and video game software, the Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic Play Set, Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker character figures..."

Playable Togruta...twice in the same year. :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is from a few days ago but I thought it was worth bumping the thread for.

Here is a video showing off some of the combat from Infinity 3 which in the case of Anakin's gameplay looks pretty amazing/elaborate for the type of game it is...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/05/15/see-disney-infinitys-star-wars-combat-in-action.aspx

I should note that the combat in DI3 for a number of the characters is being handled by Ninja Theory (Heavenly Sword, Enslaved, DmC) which is no doubt why it looks so flashy despite being a kids game.

The Disney influence has ruined any new Star Wars merchandise for me. Nostalgia is gone.

What influence? It's not like Luke is wearing mouse ears now and it's kind of hard to be nostalgic about new merchandise from a property that has had a non stop stream of merch for the last 30 years.

The only way Star Wars merch can/ be nostalgic at this point is if it was replicating the look and feel of something that was old, like those (red boardered) Force Awakens trading cards that were done in the same style as the original trading cards.