The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please sell me a Thranta mount ...

... who flies as high as an Alderaan Thranta taxi does.

Pretty please? With sugar/bacon/whatever-you-like-the-most on top? :)

not going to happen...ever.

main reasons being,

1) makes inaccessible areas of the game now accessible

2) makes datacron exploration trivial

main reasons being,

1) makes inaccessible areas of the game now accessible

2) makes datacron exploration trivial

I'm not asking for true flying mounts like WoW has, I agree they'd completely ruin datacron hunting :)

Thranta taxies don't truly fly, they hover on the ground higher than speeders, that's something that's in the game already, no reworking needed, and that's what I'd like to have.

if they were thinking of releasing hovering mounts I still want a Basilisk War Droid instead of a Thranta :-P

Why not both? :D

EDIT: typos

Edited by silviaslack

Only way they could do it is have it hovering like the larger mounts in game, but if they were thinking of releasing hovering mounts I still want a Basilisk War Droid instead of a Thranta :-P

Why am I having trouble thinking of more flying mounts in the Star Wars Universe? Irregardful, I'd love a GSF-style ship to fly around. I'd pay through the nose in Fleet Comms, Warzone Comms, and Ranked Comms for this thing. Even if its missing one engine, and no airbags, I'd grind for it. I'd even accept it if its the ugliest opposite-faction starfighter in-game. I'd work for it, I'd fly it. I'd even fly it if I had to craft it with a stack of 99 rare BOP materials, with all of the aforementioned to buy a single one of those mats.

...or Cartel Market.

there is just too much going on in the game to allow these. Drive off a cliff in a speeder you die, shoudl that also happen on the thranta? how many would complain when you do?

there are certain ledges/places where you just can't get to on a speeder/jumping which basically hides an invisible boundary. How much will people be willing to tolerate running into imaginary walls on a hover mount?

its little things like that, which prevent it from really being done. They use environment to give it give a bounds on what can be accessible, otherwise you get invisible walls.

• 2 weeks later...
I would absolutely love a thranta mount! It doesn't have to fly higher than normal speeders, and it can be smaller than the Alderaan taxis, I just relly like the idea of flying animals. We already have the varactyls etc. which are amazing, so flying animals would fit very well in the game too. Doesn't even necessarily have to be a thranta, but I would love to see more animal mounts :)

• 5 years later...
I agree with the need of a Thranta mount. That would be amazing. But I guess it can't hover higher than your character does on mounts like Rancors. Regardless, it would be amazing to have one. You could also place it above a Thantra nest in your stronghold (if the devs cindly made it hook to a medium narrow, or even better, a small hook for centering above the nest.)

... who flies as high as an Alderaan Thranta taxi does.

Pretty please? With sugar/bacon/whatever-you-like-the-most on top? :)

Flying mounts like that are in some other mmo's and have been asked for before here, but I don't think we will see them here or at least like that with full freedom of direction or height. I like how thrantas look and to have even one hovering like on Alderaan would be really nice. I do like the idea of a hovering thranta which would probably be more doable.

Edited by BlackSilverDawn