I need to install to my g drive not my c drive but there is no option for that

Duart

I don't have the space to install on my C: (only 15 gig free) drive but lots of space on my games SSD drive in G:

which has over 400gig free

There is is no select another drive option in the installer that I can see

OK I found it by taking a chance and going to the next page of the installer even though it looked like it was going to try to stuff 30gig in to 15 gig of space on my c drive...

not a very good design the option to select the install drive should be on the page where you select either express or custom install

I have not been playing for a long time and this is new computer hence the need to d a fresh install

is there a workaround for this problem? Win 7 Pro 64 all up to date is the OS

Edited by Duart
Foud the answer

I don't remember the details of the installer, and it may of changed since then (>2 yrs), but i didn't have any problem installing it where I wanted to.

If I recall, there was an Installer.exe that you ran to install it, and it installed it into the folder where it sits. So, if that's true, copy the installer to the G: drive where you want swtor installed, and then run it from there. (If that still applies, of course.)

A possible work around:

Temporarily move enough stuff from your C: drive to open up enough space for SWTOR (mine takes up 27.3 Gigs). It doesn't matter what you move, since you will just move it back later.

Then install SWTOR to a temp folder on C: (not Program Files);

Then move the entire SWTOR folder to your G: drive and run launcher.exe to link SWTOR to Windows.

Move the other stuff back to where it was on C:.

Edited by JediQuaker

When you start the orginal download you need to select "custom installation"Then on the left side just minus out the boxes until you see your multiple drives. You should see you c drive right there. Voila!

I literally just did the exact same thing.