VG Gut bleeding and Triumph

fire-breath

I ran across something slighty odd while making a spreadsheet for vanguard dps.

It seems that the bleeding effect from Gut doesn't get affected by Triumph? (Triumph = increased damage by 3% on bleeding targets). Is this intended or a bug? There are other abilities in other classes that have the same thing. For example the Incendiary nade from gunslingers gets 1 tick without the AoE overwhelmed buff.

My (undergeared) vanguard is dealing 555 gutbleeding per tick which in theory should get buffed to 572 after the 1st tick.

http://i.imgur.com/e1ndIto.jpg

please note that the sheet is WIP. Working with 0% crit chance to check stuff

Formulas I used:

stats used to test:

1478.3 ftbonus damage

0% ft critchance (like I said, to test stuff)

2,86% alac

column B

(1+T5) * H5 * (+O5*MinDamMH+IF(K5="ranged/melee",P5*mrBonusdamage,P5*ftBonusdamage)+Q5*S5+M5*O5*MinDamOH)

column C

(1+T5) * H5 * (+O5*MaxDamMH+IF(K5="ranged/melee",P5*mrBonusdamage,P5*ftBonusdamage)+R5*S5+M5*O5*MaxDamOH)

column D

(1+T5)*(1+U5)*(1+V5)*H5*((+O5*MinDamMH+O5*MaxDamMH)/2+IF(K5="ranged/melee",P5*mrBonusdamage,P5*ftBonusdamage)+(Q5+R5)/2*S5)*MIN(100%,IF(A5="hammershot",90%,100%)+(accuracy-100%)-IF(K5="ranged/melee",bossdef,bossresist))*IF(OR(J5="kinetic",J5="energy"),(1-AB5),1)*(1+((IF(K5="tech/force",ftCrit+X5,mrCrit+X5))*(surge+Y5)))

column F (alac factor is 0,9 atm)

(+D5+E5)*(1+AC5)*(1+((alacrity+Z5)*Alacfactor))

column G

F5/H5/I5

First off, I haven't done testing on vg, but I have done extensive testing on a few other characters. Also, you forgot to include column names in screenshots so the math in spoiler becomes harder to follow :p. I'll assume it's correct, but I don't know what those damage bonuses are or which debuffs were present for your Gut damage testing.

Some abilities benefit from their own debuff before first tick, Gut is probably one of them.

Anyway, Gut damage without any buffs should be

3185*0.025 + 1478.3*0.25 = 449

Gut is affected by Serrated Blades (15 %), Riot Augs (5 %) and Triumph (3 %). I don't know how those stack, as I don't have a low level vg, but if you set it like this

449 * (1 + 0.15 + 0.05) * (1 + 0.03)

You get 555 per tick, which checks out right? From my experience if damage values check out formula is likely to be correct, but not something to rely on entirely (try it for different values of bonus damage at least).

Hope this helps

Edited by ceazare

Many thx for helping out there Pel. I think I'll better make any future post in a class forum :o

you forgot to include column names in screenshots so the math in spoiler becomes harder to follow :p.

Whoops ... I see it. Cough sry.

I'll assume it's correct, but I don't know what those damage bonuses are or which debuffs were present for your Gut damage testing.

I mistakenly had added both gut versions to blasteraugs (which is the 2% you are seeing in the 'Damagebonus - other column')

Gut is affected by Serrated Blades (15 %), Riot Augs (5 %) and Triumph (3 %). I don't know how those stack, as I don't have a low level vg, but if you set it like this

449 * (1 + 0.15 + 0.05) * (1 + 0.03)

You get 555 per tick, which checks out right?

Jip. That checks out. What I noticed is that most buffs which are not in the tooltip are handled like that.