A few thoughts and musings

gothshark

Well, now that I’m back and enjoying SWTOR again, I have noticed a few things, I’m sure others have noticed them as well. But I couldn’t find anything in suggestions, so I’m pointing out a few things which would improve the game.

1: Long Coats, and speeders. Really need a fix for this, as my main is a Gunslinger and the trench coat look works best, but it bugs me greatly when I mount up and my jacket scraps the ground.

2: Speeders would hover over water. Animals would swim.

3: NPC limit in strongholds makes no sense. Also have a way to place Player Characters in Strongholds, seriously, it would be great if I could place my characters in the Stronghold.

4: The Galactic Exchange wall hook is badly placed and sits in the middle of the wall and is unusable unless dropped to the lowest setting, where it’s still over your head but at least you can interact if your face is in the wall.

Edited by gothshark

Well, now that I’m back and enjoying SWTOR again, I have noticed a few things, I’m sure others have noticed them as well. But I couldn’t find anything in suggestions, so I’m pointing out a few things which would improve the game.

1: Long Coats, and speeders. Really need a fix for this, as my main is a Gunslinger and the trench coat look works best, but it bugs me greatly when I mount up and my jacket scraps the ground.

2: Speeders would hover over water. Animals would swim.

3: NPC limit in strongholds makes no sense. Also have a way to place Player Characters in Strongholds, seriously, it would be great if I could place my characters in the Stronghold.

4: The Galactic Exchange wall hook is badly placed and sits in the middle of the wall and is unusable unless dropped to the lowest setting, where it’s still over your head but at least you can interact if your face is in the wall.

1. Applying physics to clothes would break the game. This has been discussed at length in many other threads. Can't be done with the current engine at this time. Ignore it or make a riding outfit.

2. Again, physics, engine issues, and for animals that would require a separate animation. I'd rather have them fix outstanding issues before touching that.

3. I'd love a higher NPC limit, but I also don't want my stronghold to crash. I like the changes they made already and I hope they add more, but I'd rather have 5 strongholds available.

4. Change the wall layout from one large panel to two medium. Use the lower medium panel to hook the GTN kiosk. Lower it down all the way. Make sure you are using a wall that has no decorations on the bottom where it touches the floor.

1. Applying physics to clothes would break the game. This has been discussed at length in many other threads. Can't be done with the current engine at this time. Ignore it or make a riding outfit.

2. Again, physics, engine issues, and for animals that would require a separate animation. I'd rather have them fix outstanding issues before touching that.

3. I'd love a higher NPC limit, but I also don't want my stronghold to crash. I like the changes they made already and I hope they add more, but I'd rather have 5 strongholds available.

4. Change the wall layout from one large panel to two medium. Use the lower medium panel to hook the GTN kiosk. Lower it down all the way. Make sure you are using a wall that has no decorations on the bottom where it touches the floor.

^ This is all correct.

/thread

The NPC limit in strongholds is because of performance issues, it used to be much much worse.

Same with the item, limit. However, that is a case where they should fix the root issue and strive to allow more. Saying well it’s a problem right now, doesn’t mean it can’t be fixed.

1. No. Wrong, I’m a programmer. What they are saying, is they can only think of one solution which right now causes more problems than it fixes. The thing is for every problem in computers there is a fix if you are willing to look outside the box.

I’ll use the film a New Hope. When filming a new Hope they had an effects shop convert a Bond Bug (3 wheel car) into the Landspeeder. Most of the shots you couldn’t see the wheels, but in the one classic scene with Luke racing across Tatooine you could clearly see the wheels, so to make the shot work they painted yellow/orange under the speeder to hide the wheels. When the movie came out no one noticed, or if they did it was assumed to be the magic that allowed it to hover. In the re edit they cleaned it up digitally and raised the speeder.

The reason I use this example, it shows they don’t have to do a cleaver physics trick to solve the problem, they just need to cover the coat tail when on a speeder.

2.See my comments about thinking outside the box? Here is the same excuse, too much effort to add needed polish.

3.I would rather one working bug free stronghold, that can truly be customized. 255 items is nothing. But then I see what you are doing, you are apologizing for their lack of willingness to think outside the box and fix these problems, before adding something new which can bring in more money.

4.Thanx, a case of me not thinking outside the box. Yes we all do that, and guess what, you’ll think it can’t be done until you try it.

^ This is all correct.

/thread

Please don’t troll.

Edited by gothshark