The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Darth Baras VS Darth Nox ( Sith Inquisitor )

HenryIV

Nox for sure, master of dark rituals that Baras probably has no defense against

Nox easily resists Thanaton's force powers which are a great deal better than anything we see Baras using (Baras lightning pretty sad in comparison)

Baras probably better lightsaber duelist, however Nox would just subdue him like he/she did Thanaton, who again, would have been far better trained to resist the force than Baras.

I suspect any duel between them would be just like the last segment of the duel with Thanaton. Deflects couple blasts of lightning, then when Baras charges with lightsaber, subdues him and tosses him around like a rag doll.

As far as power base vs power base, got one word here: Silencer

• 2 years later...

Darth Baras held his own against the Wrath (according to a voice recordings, the Wrath was breathing very hard during the fight). Darth Baras also was capable of producing force lightning all throughout his body. Baras was also empowered by an ENTITY of the Darkside and the Wrath was only capable of defeating him then after the Entity was exorcised. (This required an ancient Sith ritual only Darth Vowrawn knew). Nonetheless, Nox would be capable enough to stomp Baras. Nox's telekenisis penetrated the walls of Darth Thanaton a master of the darkside and rituals. I still believe however, Baras can put up an interesting fight.

In terms of powerbases, Baras has a link of spies, and used the Entity to see the future and this is how he was able to manipulate some events to his favor.

As lightsaber skills go theu are both masters. Darth Nox was considered a living god by a Khaleesh warrior and Khem Val regarded Nox as a worthy heir to Tulak Hord argubly the greatest duelsist of al time.

Baras beat down Angral fought Satelle Shan to a standstill with minimal effort if i remember the comic correctly and was the only person in the entire SW story line who could make the Wrath breath heavy, And that guy took on small armies and several Jedi orders greatest masters single handedly.

In terms of saber skills 50/50 is probably the best verdict I could give but Baras seems to have the better onscreen feats.

But it is not the saber that would have given the outcome in this fight, it would be a all-out force fight in the end.

Baras is no weakling with the force both Angral and Dar'Nala was beaten into submission by his lightning and his force scream rocked the entire citadel on Dromund Kass. We never see him perform any rituals or sorcery of any kind so it is hard to pass judgment on him but Sel-Makor regarded him as being greater then Fulminis who could destroy entire cities with his sorcery.

Nox has plenty of force power as well. I don't think that any character in all of Star Wars has kille a terentatek wis force lightning alone but our SI did it just fine. Mind countrol is of the charts and we give Nox the power of the madness sorcerer it is going to be an epic fight. Seriously a fight between to two master sith sorcerers would really fun to see on-screen.

In the end though Nox force-walking ability would decide the outcome. Baras simply do not have the raw power to stand up against Nox boosted with 4 or 5 ghosts.

Nox vs Fulminis or any of the Dreadmasters would be fun to watch though. I really would like to see a force battle when the most devastating and disturbing fark side powers was used left and right.