Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Actual Armor from the Movies

i posted this in the armor wish list but that is such a huge post this is worth its own

Anakin and Obi Wans Jedi robes from revenge of the sith , just any real jedi robe im tired of the bath robe looking short sleeve jedi robes... the Kreia and exterminator robes are a step in the right direction but... we still need move jedi cloaks/robes

real Storm trooper armor

even old ben kenobis robe

the emperors Cultist robe he wears all the time

long shot but Darth Vaders armor

Boba Fettes armor

This game takes place 3000 YEARS before the movies. Any form of armor from the movies would ruin the immersion.

Ah, but half naked and/or ridiculously dressed players don't break the immersion? Makes sense. Besides, it's not like the movie armor/outfits look fundamentally different, there are already plenty of outfits with similar looks in the game.

The only ones that would be really incongruous are probably the Storm Trooper and Clone armors.

The real reason they're not adding iconic armor is probably because of licensing problems or something.

Edited by jupezz

i feel since theyve added the new speeder from the movie already says there gonna add new styles from the original trilogy ... and theyve already added some armor... the daring rouge set is Starkiller armor...one of many of his.. the Humble hero armor is luke skywalkers. from return of the jedi if died pure black/black. when he takes his robe off in jabbas palace. plus its a cash cow... if they added the clone wars era aka prequal film jedi robes... whats the big deal. there not that much different then whats in game.... think of it as them puting the exterminator robe over the ralnex robe thats under that cloak... there ya go.... anakin/obi wans robes.

This is Star Wars: The Old Republic not Star Wars: The Old Movies, this game takes place 3000 years before the movies. We may get classic looking gear like jedi or sith robes that can actually exist at this time but this game doesnt need to have any movie character's costume here.

This is Star Wars: The Old Republic not Star Wars: The Old Movies, this game takes place 3000 years before the movies. We may get classic looking gear like jedi or sith robes that can actually exist at this time but this game doesnt need to have any movie character's costume here.

Just copying what I wrote in another thread, since you apparently can't be bothered to get your facts straight and/or stop talking out of your a**.

Also, I wish people would stop spouting this 3.000 years time difference nonsense if they can't back it up with actual evidence. Plenty of armor/outfits/attires like the ones we've seen in the movies already exist in the game; in fact, most of the stuff actually looks more advanced and not the other way around - so that argument simply doesn't have any factual basis.

Do Jedi like Orgus Din and Satele Shan look that much different from those we've seen in the movies/animated series? Not really, their outfits are usually just a little bit more fancy.

The same holds true for Vader and Malgus, although I do agree that Vader's armor would be a bit too much, Shae Vizla and Jango/Boba Fett (or all Mandalorians for that matter), Nico Okarr and Cad Bane (different "occupation", very similar outfits) and countless others.

Edited by jupezz

Just copying what I wrote in another thread, since you apparently can't be bothered to get your facts straight and/or stop talking out of your a**.

exactly .... the guy above u said this isnt the star wars movies game... like SWG which took place between new hope and empire but... this game. has been given the hard word to add some sort of actual lore items by disney... and again like the new speeder , from ep VII and newer stuff.... disney/ea w/e was given alot of money to upgrade the game. , disney does not wanto renew the IP for swtor .... being that it isnt canon they cancelled the darth maul game " BTW which was F4$%IN sweet, and the boba fett game. , being this is a mmo.... theyr having ttrouble shutting it down... but we will see what happens...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.