Treek tanking.

I've recently purchased Treek for my whole account, and noticed that her tooltip says:

X'ekra Stance

Rank 23

Instant

Cooldown: 1.5 seconds.

Treek enters a protective combat stance, increasing threat generation by 100% and shield chance by 20%, and taunting enemies whenever possible and necessary.

She doesn't come with a taunt, and her ''quickbar'' is full.

Is it a hidden ability or what?

First, it's nice to see someone properly refer to Treek as she. I hate when people automatically refer to her as him or he.

With that small thing out of the way, yeah she doesn't have a direct taunt ability that I can recall. I can't login to check but I'm sure you're right. She's always done a good job at holding the aggro from me on my healers as I leveled - for the most part.

I've wondered this myself. I couldn't find the ability that taunts but I distinctly remember a taunt debuff on a mob I was fighting with her tanking.

I find she's the best tank- she gets global healing threat which pulls threat on mobs she hasn't touched yet to her. Plus her AoE bomb thing is awesome.

Edited by wiredgutter

If I remember correctly treek has tanking abilities, but they are interchangeable with healing abilities depending on stance. Just check all of them to cross-match with tank stance of hers.

That's the big thing. At least 1-2 of her moves function completely different depending on stance. (You will only see bees (isn't that her big taunt?) when she's tanking. That move does something else in her healer stance. (I forget if it's an attack or if it changes that move into another heal. But there is no beehive.)) And, as I recall, a few of the others have some notable minor differences with stance as well.

With other companions in the game, moves tend to be very single purpose and they change very little with stance. Maybe companion stances might make the cooldowns slightly shorter on one set of key abilities or another to influence what they use more often, but it's all the same abilities either way. And if you were to try and do something unusual like run a tank companion in their DPS stance you would specifically have to disable their taunt move(s) to make that work.

But with Treek they designed her abilities so that ALL of her abilities are fully functional within either stance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you would ever want to disable any of her moves to make her more effective at either of her stances. As someone pointed out, even healing moves are beneficial for the purpose of tanking since she's generating threat on all enemies when she's using a heal. And the "high threat generation" note on her attacks is specifically a property of her tanking stance, not her healing stance.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

That's the big thing. At least 1-2 of her moves function completely different depending on stance. (You will only see bees (isn't that her big taunt?) when she's tanking. That move does something else in her healer stance. (I forget if it's an attack or if it changes that move into another heal. But there is no beehive.)) And, as I recall, a few of the others have some notable minor differences with stance as well.

With other companions in the game, moves tend to be very single purpose and they change very little with stance. Maybe companion stances might make the cooldowns slightly shorter on one set of key abilities or another to influence what they use more often, but it's all the same abilities either way. And if you were to try and do something unusual like run a tank companion in their DPS stance you would specifically have to disable their taunt move(s) to make that work.

But with Treek they designed her abilities so that ALL of her abilities are fully functional within either stance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you would ever want to disable any of her moves to make her more effective at either of her stances. As someone pointed out, even healing moves are beneficial for the purpose of tanking since she's generating threat on all enemies when she's using a heal. And the "high threat generation" note on her attacks is specifically a property of her tanking stance, not her healing stance.

Not quite. One of her abiliies requires the heal stance, it has no tank stance alternate.