The Community: your opinion

aguamoose

My personal experience:

I play a trooper, now a mando on the Sith Wyrm server.

Ord Mantell was full of fun people to talk to, if not as much as beta (ORANGE PIXEL. NEVER FORGET .). Everyone answered my nub questions farily reasonably, and there was only one idiot who kept trying to troll us by giving a play by play on every move they made. I grouped during the final sep base with a guy. He was pretty cool, barely knew how to play his class - just like I was learning. We taught each other new things about the UI and our class.

Eventually, it took me three groups to get through the first rep flashpoint (Esseles). We all kind of assumed that you had to start back at the beginning after a total party kill the first two times (noooooobs :p). THe third group said "what the hey" and ran back in, and we learned what actually happens. All three groups knew at least the basics of how to group and function as a team.

Coruscant was looooooooong, and I grouped quite often for various heroics and such. Only had 2 guys with the typical WoW-tard attitude in roughly 15 groups of 4 people. People in general chatwere fairly relaxed, and would answer any questions asked of them with a minimum of snarking.

I'm starting Taris. Apparently everyone dropped 15 IQ point when they recieved their starship. I'm working through the second zone, grouped 3 times, and nobody knows how to focus fire, keep aggro off of the medic, check when people are ready, keep aggro off of themselves, or PLAY THEIR CLASS.

Just my two cents.

thats because the only people that play this game are casual players.

In what way? I seriously think this is a possibility. PR departments of less scrupulous companies have been discovered altering both their own and competitors Wikipedia pages, posting negative comments on their competitors forums while posing as customers etc.

I find it slighty easier to believe that this might be going on in SOME of the posts here than to think that ALL the negativity and stupidity I see in a lot of the threads is from real, genuine people that are really that nasty and idiotic as their posts make them appear.

Maybe I should have less faith in humanity, though.

I bet you think everyone who plays wow is a neanderthal too right?

In what way? I seriously think this is a possibility. PR departments of less scrupulous companies have been discovered altering both their own and competitors Wikipedia pages, posting negative comments on their competitors forums while posing as customers etc.

I find it slighty easier to believe that this might be going on in SOME of the posts here than to think that ALL the negativity and stupidity I see in a lot of the threads is from real, genuine people that are really that nasty and idiotic as their posts make them appear.

Maybe I should have less faith in humanity, though.

It's quite possible that a few posters MAY be conducting underhanded tactics, but it would be naive to just try to discredit the large portion of negative comments as nothing more than "propaganda" being conducted by competitors or fans of the competition. If Bioware are thinking that, then they could end up making a serious mistake.

Edited by Tarka

Hard to tell, at the forum currently are a lot of wow fanboys who want to change SWTOR into a second wow. These elitist people are kinda annoying, but aslong they only troll at the forums I am fine with it and it doesnt influence my gameplay.

All those demands like

Addons, auto queue for pve, free respec, dual spec .... is getting on my nerves, why dont they just stay at wow.

On my server people so far are ok, but ya it takes them a while to understand that wow wasnt what an MMO should be and that talking to others is a part of an MMO, such as beeing responsible for your actions and beeing nice to others. We got a long road to go still, but if BW keeps the wow fanboys out, we will have a great community sooner or later.

I'm on Mind Trick (republic) and I think the community is fantastic. The best of any MMO I've played in a long time. People talk, share information, and sarcastic answers to questions don't happen very often. Of course there is always some bad apples in the bunch... but it seems like the majority of the people on my server are just having a good time.

In fact I would have to say this is the best community experience I've had in an MMO since FFXI way back in the day.

Edited by Tenicord

We have a solid community but I do feel some tools that once existed would be nice to bring back, maybe its just me but I assumed a basic like Server forums would be there.

I do get the feeling that what they have done is good, but not enough to really enhance it