Tried the new Fury. Kinda Sucked.

Svarthrafn

I respecced to give the new Fury specialization a try recently. I played mostly PVP, but did some of the world quests on Ziost too. Here were my thoughts as an average (not good, but not quite bad) player:

Utilities:

-Ravage root, defensive forms, rage on knockback/stun

-AoE damage reduction, phantom

-Unbound, healing sabre ward

1. In normal PvE quests, you are absolutely starved of rage. Like breaking out the basic attack from level 1 starved. You *must* use berzerk (shii cho form), and at the right times to maintain any sort of output. In PvP it wasn't quite so bad if you have the utility that generates rage on stuns, knockbacks, etc, but this issue still reared it's head in smaller fights, though not so bad.

2. In PvE, Force Crush wasn't really ever needed. In PvP though, using Force Crush was a huge pain in the ***. First it is a pain to find a place to use the ability. Between building resource, trying to lock down/stay on a target, and actually do damage, it is clunky to use. You'd think it would help with the locking down the target part, but the targets you slow often use their own movement purging effects (and occasionally have immunity anyways..hard to tell in big scrums sometimes), and for many classes this makes them very fast, so you have to be using predation to stay on target. If you're using berserk to deal with the rage-starving issue, you're out of luck.

3. The six-second movement impairing effects immunity granted by Force Crush is completely unnoticable. I wasn't even sure if it was working properly.

4. Between building and starving for resource, trying to work Force Crush in, and dealing with constantly chasing down targets (as described earlier), I actually get better applied (not warzone dummy damage) burst *and* sustain with Carnage (which has it's own mobility problems).

5. In PvE, and in those PvP instances where I could beat on a target for a little while (purges on cooldown, stunned), I actually got really good burst. Much better than either of the other two specs. Outside of PvE, that didn't happen often unless I ran up on a class that was less mobile than me.

All in all, the spec just felt really clunky and disjointed to play. If you could get a target locked down it was alright, but a lot of the time it felt as if I was chasing my tail. Apparently others agreed, because after seeing lots of Fury marauders shortly after the patch went live, I saw that a lot of those same players (that I see regularly) had switched back to their old specs. Anyways as I said, I am not a great player. I am not a bad player either, and consider myself thoroughly average. This was my impression of the spec, and I hope this can be used to improve the play experience of this spec for your largest group of players (the average joes!).

Edited by Svarthrafn

I respecced to give the new Fury specialization a try recently. I played mostly PVP, but did some of the world quests on Ziost too. Here were my thoughts as an average (not good, but not quite bad) player:

Utilities:

-Ravage root, defensive forms, rage on knockback/stun

-AoE damage reduction, phantom

-Unbound, healing sabre ward

1. In normal PvE quests, you are absolutely starved of rage. Like breaking out the basic attack from level 1 starved. You *must* use berzerk (shii cho form), and at the right times to maintain any sort of output. In PvP it wasn't quite so bad if you have the utility that generates rage on stuns, knockbacks, etc, but this issue still reared it's head in smaller fights, though not so bad.

This is flatout untrue. Shii-Cho out of all Warrior disciplines has got the best resource generation(kinda worse management but still very good). Yes, you need Zerk. It's your defining feature for crying out loud! If you have trouble with resources in Shii-Cho...yeah. I'll agree that Rage is better with resources.

2. In PvE, Force Crush wasn't really ever needed. In PvP though, using Force Crush was a huge pain in the ***. First it is a pain to find a place to use the ability. Between building resource, trying to lock down/stay on a target, and actually do damage, it is clunky to use. You'd think it would help with the locking down the target part, but the targets you slow often use their own movement purging effects (and occasionally have immunity anyways..hard to tell in big scrums sometimes), and for many classes this makes them very fast, so you have to be using predation to stay on target. If you're using berserk to deal with the rage-starving issue, you're out of luck.

How is F.Crush useless? It's used to setup the bursts. Think of it like TD or AP with a slow. F.Crush -> R.Burst -> F.Slice when Crush culminates. Don't be afraid to use Ravage...

3. The six-second movement impairing effects immunity granted by Force Crush is completely unnoticable. I wasn't even sure if it was working properly.

4. Between building and starving for resource, trying to work Force Crush in, and dealing with constantly chasing down targets (as described earlier), I actually get better applied (not warzone dummy damage) burst *and* sustain with Carnage (which has it's own mobility problems).

That's because Carnage can spam Massacre and S.Slash for a lot of free dmg and when it comes to burst, it has Gore. How is this even remotely surprising? Carnage has a different style than Fury. Fury is most like Tactics while Carnage is pretty unique and can't burst for **** without Gore.

5. In PvE, and in those PvP instances where I could beat on a target for a little while (purges on cooldown, stunned), I actually got really good burst. Much better than either of the other two specs. Outside of PvE, that didn't happen often unless I ran up on a class that was less mobile than me.

Those are some other problems that are well documented and reported. Everyone knows that Sentinel has got troubles with application of dmg and not with the dmg itself. Some sents are even willing to sacrifice dmg for better application. But it has got nothing to do with Fury per se.

All in all, the spec just felt really clunky and disjointed to play. If you could get a target locked down it was alright, but a lot of the time it felt as if I was chasing my tail. Apparently others agreed, because after seeing lots of Fury marauders shortly after the patch went live, I saw that a lot of those same players (that I see regularly) had switched back to their old specs. Anyways as I said, I am not a great player. I am not a bad player either, and consider myself thoroughly average. This was my impression of the spec, and I hope this can be used to improve the play experience of this spec for your largest group of players (the average joes!).

Something tells me that you wouldn't like Tactics/AP if it didn't have TacPulse/Mag.Blast either. Most of what you wrote has got to do with experience. Keep trying! To me it's one of the most fun discs! With that said, we sure do have a LOT of duplicate utilities(just look at undying rage or rebuke utilities. lol spam much?). They should optimise those imo.

Edited by Cuiwe