Is there a reason we can't list items for more than 2 days?

Nacelle

I know there's going to be people who say it's fine the way it is. I'm not asking that. Are there technical reasons that don't allow the devs to add the option for us to list items for say a week? If not, could we seriously get that added already? Edited by Nacelle

There may be a technical reason.

Keeping it at 2 days is probably a database performance decision.

However, I'd like to see the UI changed so that 2 days is the default listing time.

Does ANYONE ever list anything for less (other than accidentally)?

I'd imagine the 2 day limit is indeed for both server performance & activity.

I am no software engineer so I wouldn't know the impact on the servers by GTN, but I can comprehend that if 1000 player all listed 3 items for 1 week for example it would take it's toll on the system.

And for activity, i wouldn't say this is the best way to improve it. But it certainly adds to it.

There may be a technical reason.

Keeping it at 2 days is probably a database performance decision.

However, I'd like to see the UI changed so that 2 days is the default listing time.

Does ANYONE ever list anything for less (other than accidentally)?

I think if you were to micromanage your items to sell at the absolute highest price at the time I think posting for less time may make sense. But I agree the average person is probably just dumping for the sake of dumping. Whether to make a quick buck or clear space in their inventory. 2 day limit should be the default.

I dump all the potentially useful stuff to the GTN with the default price. Decent greens and blues all go on the GTN. You'd be surprised how often it sells, because people want to gear their companions or whatnot.

I agree that 2 days should be the default. There should also be 5 and 10 day options, both should soak up a considerable amount of money in listing fees however. That way, people who want to use 10 days would be locked in to having the item in there for 10 days or else eat a 5000 or 10000 or whatever fee if they retract it early. That would keep casual listers away from those time frames, but allow long-term sellers to list things. Obviously a time-out of the sale or a sale would return the money.