Maintenance. What... ?

Cranberries

i don't see how some of you are just brushing this aside. it doesn't bother you, so nobody should be bothered? what the hell. not all of us have normal work days, some have they day off during the week, like tuesday, because they always work weekends and are now seeing a precious game day lost.

even if this is a somewhat personal complaint about the maintenance timing, i still feel that it's not 'ok' to do maintenance during the day. night time downtime for each geographical location works best, as that actually 'is' off-peak.

Edited by steponit

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... we enjoy playing the game and don't want to be forced to play less of it...

Glad you like it... But forced to play less?!...its a dramatic take on maintenace is it not,?

Maintenance is necessary so we can enjoy the best game possible, when it happens is most likely decided on criteria we are not privy to.

Relax, enjoy it now, tomorrow do something else in the mean time, no biggy

i don't see how some of you are just brushing this aside. it doesn't bother you, so nobody should be bother? what the hell. not all of us have normal work days, some have they day off during the week, like tuesday, because they always work weekends and are now seeing a precious game day lost.

even if this is a somewhat personal complaint about the maintenance timing, i still feel that it's not 'ok' to do maintenance during the day. night time downtime for each geographical location works best, as that actually 'is' off-peak.

Are you serious? It is absolutely going to be brushed aside. They can not custom tailor their maintenance periods to every single player's schedule. BioWare is catering to the majority as they should be. Those with odd work hours are probably used to dealing with other far more important issues as a result of their schedule. Not playing SWTOR because you are a rare case is not a valid reason to complain.

True story, I do agree... wanna know a more prevalent story? Majority of the people play during this time! My server starts with queues at 11am... so your point is, people that can play during those times should not play it cuz Americans who are sleeping ain't playing it? May I say, don't go to law school, your argumentation is not that good.

Yep, agreed. They are only doing maintenance at this time for their OWN convenience. I am willing to bet they haven't even bothered to verify how many people are actually logged in during those hours.... There are probably less players in the middle of the night ie. 2am during weeknights....

i don't see how some of you are just brushing this aside. it doesn't bother you, so nobody should be bother? what the hell. not all of us have normal work days, some have they day off during the week, like tuesday, because they always work weekends and are now seeing a precious game day lost.

Some of us play at night sometimes....what about that?

There is no empty spot, someone is always there

Are you serious? It is absolutely going to be brushed aside. They can not custom tailor their maintenance periods to every single player's schedule. BioWare is catering to the majority as they should be. Those with odd work hours are probably used to dealing with other far more important issues as a result of their schedule. Not playing SWTOR because you are a rare case is not a valid reason to complain.

i mean being brushed aside by american players who obviously couldn't care less. i know bioware won't listen to just 1 person's complaint, it was an example...

anyways, catering to the majority means having maintenance when each region is NOT PLAYING. generally, as most mmo's do, this means different maintenance times for NA/EU/Asia, where they happen between midnight and somewhere in the early morning. NOT the entire morning till late afternoon.

i mean being brushed aside by american players who obviously couldn't care less. i know bioware won't listen to just 1 person's complaint, it was an example...

anyways, catering to the majority means having maintenance when each region is NOT PLAYING. generally, as most mmo's do, this means different maintenance times for NA/EU/Asia, where they happen between midnight and somewhere in the early morning. NOT the entire morning till late afternoon.

I didn't think of it that way, I understand what you are saying now. I obviously assumed you were an American. Their maintenance window makes sense for the majority of Americans.

... we enjoy playing the game and don't want to be forced to play less of it...

Glad you like it... But forced to play less?!...its a dramatic take on maintenace is it not,?

Maintenance is necessary so we can enjoy the best game possible, when it happens is most likely decided on criteria we are not privy to.

Relax, enjoy it now, tomorrow do something else in the mean time, no biggy

And here is a solution... do the maintenance during EU night time!!!!

Really, you are not affected? AWESOME! Not kidding, I'm really happy for you, but an entire continent is affected. Queues in EU start precisely at what BW is calling a "off-peak time for both North American and European players".

No matter what time they pick someone will complain. Just deal with it.

Troll translation = Some people may not be able to play. Unfortunately, the update has to be applied. I understand your frustration though. I hope it doesn't effect me.

I cant speak about other servers but on mine mornings are low traffic, around 1-2pm it increases and it peaks between 5 pm and 8 pm, then it decreases....how about on your servers?

On my server (The Progenitor) The queues are a good 200+ by 11am. I would hardly call that low traffic.

I cant speak about other servers but on mine mornings are low traffic, around 1-2pm it increases and it peaks between 5 pm and 8 pm, then it decreases....how about on your servers?

In my own experience that would be true of almost any online community. We are talking about a common free block of time between the majority of students and the employed. Those who don't fall into those categories have far less restrictive schedules and can play more frequently.

On my server (The Progenitor) The queues are a good 200+ by 11am. I would hardly call that low traffic.

Ideally that would be side effect of the game being brand new. If the queues continue more than another week there will be problems.

Which is precisely why I said they didn't bother checking to see if servers would or would not be affected...only if their employees would be affected. Their maintenance time makes no sense.

Which is precisely why I said they didn't bother checking to see if servers would or would not be affected...only if their employees would be affected. Their maintenance time makes no sense.

That's what he's saying.

I say it again, we don't even mind having the patches one day later, but this is not ok at all!

And what will they do when Aussies start playing the game? will they call the usual raiding times "off-peak time for North American European and Australian players"? GG

Edited by Eddar

For many servers the queues are at that level at any time of the day. It is a lose-lose situation for them right now. This early in the game's lifespan means people will ALWAYS be playing. There is no good time period for this. BioWare chose a logical maintenance window to set a precedent (hopefully, don't quote me on this) for future windows.

Listen, if they did maintenance at different times you would have other types of problems. Chances are this will be a patch update.

Just imagine the *****torm that will hit the forum, if one side of the world gets the patch before the other half....People will be crying because the "other side" got to play with the fixes sooner or whatever...so yes, they need to do it all at the same time and make sure everybody gets the same game at the same time.

Untrue loads of MMOs split it and its fine.

i think even if they took it back to 1am CST so its would be 7am to 1pm would be better, runing it up to 4pm is crazy close to peak times.

And here is a solution... do the maintenance during EU night time!!!!

Really, you are not affected? AWESOME! Not kidding, I'm really happy for you, but an entire continent is affected. Queues in EU start precisely at what BW is calling a "off-peak time for both North American and European players".

Actually i am affected by his, but i try to understand that there is probably a reason for the schedulle.

We have no idea why they chose those times, it might be 100% valid

Let the devs do their jobs

Actually i am affected by his, but i try to understand that there is probably a reason for the schedulle.

We have no idea why they chose those times, it might be 100% valid

Let the devs do their jobs

Then a real good way to end this is by coming out and telling us "look this has to be like this because of a) b) c) and d)" not with the lame "off-peak time for both North American and European players" really...