I'd like to have Cartel Market Stronghold decorations be unlockable in the Collection

Hello,

a week or so ago I started a new character on a different server I didn't have any characters on.

2 things astonished me :

1. That Legacy was server-bound (and not available for that character)

2. That Cartel Market Stronhold Decorations weren't available, either.

I actually wonderen, then, why Stronghold decorations I had bought on the Cartel Markt weren't unlocked like everything else in the Collection ?

Almost everything "cosmetic" is unlockable in the Collection. The only exceptioon to this are

- Colouring Modules

- Stronghold Decorations

and I wonder why ...

Well, I learned that Colouring Modules are considered as "consumables" by Bioware.

But then, Decorat6ions appear to be some kind of "consumables then, as well - judged by the treatment they got / get ...

... which is imho quite unlogical, because you can use & re-use decotaions on ANY Stronghold - they just don't get destroyed when removing them from their slots ! - Unlike Colouring Modiules, which do get destroyed when removed from their slots ...

So, my only logical wish is this : Please make those Stronghold Decorations that are bearing the Cartel Market sign to be unlockable like everything else in the Collection !

Alrik

I dont think it will happen, decorations are meant to be credit sink. And they have their own "collection" pool which is legacy bound. This way if you want use some decoration 2 times you have to have it twice.

Also they are tied to stronghold and stronghold is legacy stronghold, which makes sense. If it was in collections you could spawn it infinite times and it would become less money for BW.

Also they are tied to stronghold and stronghold is legacy stronghold, which makes sense. If it was in collections you could spawn it infinite times and it would become less money for BW.

I dont think this would come into the thinking because every decoration has a limit, some of the centerpieces are 4, others are 10 and so on, so being able to make endless copies is rather pointless, and is possibly the reason they don't do it, because of that limit.

I seen a suggestion on this in another thread which looked ok.

Once you consume a deco, you can go into the decorations panel and purchase further bop copies individually with cc. Much like you can now with the items they have in the shop that can be bought. If you look at say the GTN terminal in the decorations panel, there is a button there to purchase it, so the feature to buy directly from the decorations panel is already in the game. It would be great if they expanded that system.

Edited by JennyCharmers

This has me wondering, if you to a server transfer, you keep the better legacy. Does this include the Stronghold rooms/decos?

I want this. I think they should have this. I think that it will really tick off the community that really went and got multiple versions of decorations. But eventually, stuff is just going to not exist anymore. Collections would fix that if you were around and got at least one when it was released. Bioware might make less money on packs if they did this but then again they will also make money from collection unlock costs of the decorations (I think there should be a cost, one because its the only way they would actually do it, and two because it seems necessary with how prestige works).

This has me wondering, if you to a server transfer, you keep the better legacy. Does this include the Stronghold rooms/decos?

I want this. I think they should have this.

You're in luck. They already have this.

When you transfer a toon to a new server, it merges the two legacies (in the destination server) in a way that's favorable to you - the higher of the two levels is kept, while all items unlocked in either account are kept. "All items" includes strongholds, stronghold rooms, decorations, per-legacy perks like rocket boots, achievements (I think), and companion / character race unlocks. It doesn't include collections because they are per-account and therefore available on all servers anyway. (You get one free transfer. If you don't want to disturb the old server's characters, create a "mule" character on the old server, give it any items you want to send over, then transfer it to the new server...)

1) each decoration unlocked adds 2 prestige points. Having them available in collections for unlimited use would make the prestige pointless since can accumulate maximum number of items unlimited times.

2) they are essentially consumables

1) each decoration unlocked adds 2 prestige points. Having them available in collections for unlimited use would make the prestige pointless since can accumulate maximum number of items unlimited times.

2) they are essentially consumables

Agreed.

Also:

3) many decos are direct purchase items off the Cartel Market:

Artwork bundle:

Imperial & Republic bundle

Underworld, Cantina, Luxury Bundle

Lifeday Bundle

All the "Spooky" individual items they sold at Halloween.

No way in hell will they make the decos collection unlockable, then no one would ever buy more then one of each directly off the CM.

Same with "dye modules" for decorations, that woukd prevent them from selling you that same decoration with a different hue sometime down the road.

4) Operation/Flashpoint decorations, many people -only- do Ops/FPs to get the decos that drop from them, way to try to add to the reason for declining ques :p (for the confused, if said deco hunters arent quing for tge fp/op, thats less people to help others through said fp/ops)

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Agreed.

Also:

3) many decos are direct purchase items off the Cartel Market:

Artwork bundle:

Imperial & Republic bundle

Underworld, Cantina, Luxury Bundle

Lifeday Bundle

All the "Spooky" individual items they sold at Halloween.

No way in hell will they make the decos collection unlockable, then no one would ever buy more then one of each directly off the CM.

Same with "dye modules" for decorations, that woukd prevent them from selling you that same decoration with a different hue sometime down the road.

4) Operation/Flashpoint decorations, many people -only- do Ops/FPs to get the decos that drop from them, way to try to add to the reason for declining ques :p (for the confused, if said deco hunters arent quing for tge fp/op, thats less people to help others through said fp/ops)

Easily fixed you just give those particular decorations a 0 prestige value after the initial 100 for adding the first time.

Easily fixed you just give those particular decorations a 0 prestige value after the initial 100 for adding the first time.

That doesn't earn BW any more money though... this suggestion cuts into their profit margin. A vast majority of decorations come from the market; either directly, in specific decoration packs and regular hypercrates. All of those decorations, if available on the collections screen for a small fee, would lessen the value to the people buying them.

That doesn't earn BW any more money though... this suggestion cuts into their profit margin. A vast majority of decorations come from the market; either directly, in specific decoration packs and regular hypercrates. All of those decorations, if available on the collections screen for a small fee, would lessen the value to the people buying them.

Sure it would, they make money because of the Cartel cost to buy them. they might not make the bit from unlocking for a whole account which would be unnecessary where decoration are concerned (and likely the reason they haven't already been added).

Of course they could just make more decoration packs that way people would find it easier to get the bits they want without have to random pack hope it etc...

/signed

But I also want a collections tab for ingame decorations such as "Statue of the Ancient Slave"

It's stupid to run Korriban Incursion 80 times and still not see a single one drop and then see it on the GTN for 10+ mill on my server. Even worse for CM decorations such as the "Rakata Mystic" lowest it has been was 3mill.

/Signed

Problems that come with this like profit or trading are easily fixable when given enough thought about unlock cc price like every copied deco might require some more cc (just not too much cost). And for the trading the legacy binding of new items can solve that. These are my idea's anyway :)

Wait, prestige has a point now?

Also, they can turn it to profit by allowing you to purchase copies of things you have already collected, by paying a CC fee for each and every bound copy you make. Completionists will pay fortunes to max their decorations.

/signed

But I also want a collections tab for ingame decorations such as "Statue of the Ancient Slave"

It's stupid to run Korriban Incursion 80 times and still not see a single one drop and then see it on the GTN for 10+ mill on my server. Even worse for CM decorations such as the "Rakata Mystic" lowest it has been was 3mill.

If you have run KI 80 times, then you have the 10 million to buy it off the GTN. :)

I agree with this thread. I have made this suggestion before yet I add a solution to the prestige and consumable thing. And its about paying for each copy you want to draw of that decoration.

That way anyone who wants to reclaim 5 of the same decoration he must pay for each of those copies. Prices can variate from the decoration type: Small, medium, large, centerpiece, starship