The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard pve functionality?

Braonie

Ive been trying to get this one answered all day on the powertech forums with no luck. You all seem so much nicer so maybe you can help me. :D

Lets say i have a commando and dig the healing and can solo quite a bit so far. Only level 16 though. Now before i go further i am curious how the vanguard can handle sololing heroics with a healing companion. Basically if the added durability negates the loss of self heals and added squishiness.

Any insight would most appreciated to people who have some experience with vanguard at the later stages of the game. Oh should mention i solo mostly because me and my friends have conflicting schedules usually and i love love love the challenge of trying to solo harder quests.

Ive been trying to get this one answered all day on the powertech forums with no luck. You all seem so much nicer so maybe you can help me. :D

Lets say i have a commando and dig the healing and can solo quite a bit so far. Only level 16 though. Now before i go further i am curious how the vanguard can handle sololing heroics with a healing companion. Basically if the added durability negates the loss of self heals and added squishiness.

Any insight would most appreciated to people who have some experience with vanguard at the later stages of the game. Oh should mention i solo mostly because me and my friends have conflicting schedules usually and i love love love the challenge of trying to solo harder quests.

2 person ones no prob

4 person ones grab a heal specced friend and u can duo them...my gf is a healing sage and we never bother with groups

Now before i go further i am curious how the vanguard can handle sololing heroics with a healing companion. Basically if the added durability negates the loss of self heals and added squishiness.

What squishiness? Vanguard is the opposite of squishy.

Yes, a shield spec vanguard with a healer companion can solo anything that's even close to reasonable. Can't speak to DPS specs.

What squishiness? Vanguard is the opposite of squishy.

Yes, a shield spec vanguard with a healer companion can solo anything that's even close to reasonable. Can't speak to DPS specs.

Ditto. Vanguard + Scoundrel, and we haven't found any Heroics yet that we couldn't duo. We even duo'd some of the lower level flashpoints, but that'll never happen once you hit Athiss or Mandalorian Raiders. (Actually, could probably duo the last boss of Athiss, but it would take forever since our companions would die in a hurry.)