guild member limit

BrotherJohn

Ok so I have posted about many guild quality of live improvements but I feel compelled to point out to the devs that on your recent Cantina tour you clearly stated that upping cap on numbers of things in game is easy fix, well triple the number of characters that can be part of a guild. or find a way to tag a member as main and all alts added would be linked to that character which do not count towards total members in guild.

I would side with option one as its easier to just up total number 3 or 4 times what it is now.

• 6 months later...

Guild caps have to do with server performance, and are commonly used in the MMO industry. Most MMOs have the same 500 member cap. Don't expect them to ever change this.

That said, they could alleviate the issue by creating a Guild alliance system that would offer a shared chat and the ability to share Guild Bank Access and Guild Ship Access.

So now we can have 40 characters which I assume you want to sell us slots for? But we have reached the cap in our guild. Yeah I can kick some people I am sure aren't returning, but this is still going to be an issue. Please fix this.

+1. If we can have 40 characters, than the guild cap should be 40*500... or ~10*500 at least.

OR why not to make guild membership not character based, but person-based... One person=all it's characters in one guild. Problem solved:)

Guild caps have to do with server performance, and are commonly used in the MMO industry. Most MMOs have the same 500 member cap. Don't expect them to ever change this.

That said, they could alleviate the issue by creating a Guild alliance system that would offer a shared chat and the ability to share Guild Bank Access and Guild Ship Access.

Or make it 500 unique accounts instead of characters.

I have to whole-heartedly agree: 500 character limit per guild is not suitable for a game that encourages you to create big amounts of alts. Coming from Guild Wars 2, I support the suggestion of making guild membership account-wide instead of character-wide - it works great in that game and I see no reason not to have it in this game, too - except for Republic / Imperial side issues, but I guess having one guild for your pub chars and one for your imps should be manageable.

I've already made a thread about this months ago, with the 12X exp, everyone was alting like there was no tomorrow and every active guild was already getting very full. I had to personally prune my guild many times of members who were not active for more than 6 months just to make space for alts or new members.

With this expansion is worse as theres a new influx of players who are new to the game and want to experience all the class stories, which mean 4 alts at the minimum. Doubling the guild limit would be the minimum I hope. Come on Devs, show that you are listening for once since like the previous poster said, you implied that it would be easy to do at the Cantina

I've made threads about this before as well. I've seen people run into issues where their guild has a limit of characters allowed in guild so people can have alts in the guild.

With conquests people who play toons outside of the guild can't contribute points to the guild conquests. This has become worse since server limit increased. They said once before they couldn't raise server limit due to performance reasons. Well they have and guess what it works.

So to say a guild can't have more than 500 characters due to server performance is a joke. I would think it'd be harder on server for people to have 16 toons pub side in 4 guild for example than it would be to have it be account based. Or even up guild limit to say 1000 see how it goes. It may make things easier if smaller guilds merged making less guilds for system to keep track of. A bit of lean engineering goes into play there.

I for one have one of each advanced class and doubles of some I like to play a lot. Can't have them all in one guild though cause I don't want to be that guy who takes up room for others alts. Yet when I play those toons not in my main guild I feel like I am cheating the guild of conquest points.

I don't know it just seems like it is something that has been needed from time conquests started and even more so now with server limit increase.

Hey guys,

I would love to see the cap increased to say 1000. As most of us have way more characters than the random 1 or 2 these days it gives us the oppertunity to have them all in our guild.

Our guild leader has the most characters I have ever seen and she plays them ALL :)

40 Character Slots is great news to us, must have loads of slot people - how about the ability to buy more than one slot at a time?