Why do I do so little dps...?

Starladytwo

I'm playing a sin, she's level 25 now, problem is she's overly squishy and regardless of what I do I'm always doing LOW levels of actual damage. I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing...or is it just one of those class' that doesn't get real good until a point? I'm using a focus for off hand, can't remember the tree but it starts off with that stance that you build up energy and let it all out after gathering 3x it for one powerful zap.

I've seen other assassins doing massive damage but I'm assuming they were higher levels than I am as I can't seem to do anything but die very, very easily. I try going with the group and working along the healer or tank...squish and little dps. I go and try for a solo target...again squish. I've all blue gear that's up to level with my character, mod able ftw, double saber. I haven't bothered with augments yet because I'm kinda broke and they're very expensive. I'm losing intrest in doing pvp as I feel so underpowered yet everyone expects me to be OP.

I'm playing a sin, she's level 25 now, problem is she's overly squishy and regardless of what I do I'm always doing LOW levels of actual damage. I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing...or is it just one of those class' that doesn't get real good until a point? I'm using a focus for off hand, can't remember the tree but it starts off with that stance that you build up energy and let it all out after gathering 3x it for one powerful zap.

I've seen other assassins doing massive damage but I'm assuming they were higher levels than I am as I can't seem to do anything but die very, very easily. I try going with the group and working along the healer or tank...squish and little dps. I go and try for a solo target...again squish. I've all blue gear that's up to level with my character, mod able ftw, double saber. I haven't bothered with augments yet because I'm kinda broke and they're very expensive. I'm losing intrest in doing pvp as I feel so underpowered yet everyone expects me to be OP.

Had the same problem: my DPS sucked and I felt too squishy (when playing Hatred/Serenity) even in decent (blue) gear. I switched to the tank spec at around level 30 while still gearing like a DPS. I switched to Hatred/Serenity when doing FPs on occasions but always returned to the tank spec for solo content. Can't say I ever had to regret my decision.

Lowbie hatred/balance gets good at 28 and 29

By then you have the disharge/force breach + melee to proc the instant crushing darkness and dot spread via death field

At level 29 this is pretty absurd - as you get stronger the more peeps you fight

However, at level 30 going darkness is a smart move

dont worry about low levels because most abilities is not there yet so you have not in your full potential

once you get to mid level bracket 30-59 you also wont be so great because of broken bolster currently but usually i still can do good damage no 1-2 dps and killing blow in my 36 sin but still underperforming

but the good news is they will fix bolster tomorrow on patch 3,2

keep on doing it and the class should get better as you level

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.