Galactic History on the Holonet

Darth_Hitch

I was wondering if there were any plans to finish the Galactic History on the Holonet section? I think it would be pretty cool to see the rest of it.

EA killed it when they took over Bioware. If you notice, none of them have the EA watermark at the beginning. Why? Gods only know, but you can bet on it being money related.

EA killed it when they took over Bioware. If you notice, none of them have the EA watermark at the beginning. Why? Gods only know, but you can bet on it being money related.

I'm not intricately familiar with TOR's development, but wasn't BioWare Austin created by EA specifically to make TOR?

Back in 2013 or so they said this:

Stephen Reid (Senior Community Manager): When the Timeline series was begun we weren’t entirely sure how many timelines would be needed to detail relevant backstory for The Old Republic and left ‘blank spaces’ on the Timeline that, we thought, would all be filled in with Timeline entries. Ultimately, we feel we’ve detailed all the relevant backstory required, so no more Timeline entries going back into earlier history are planned. However, we know how much players enjoyed the lore details, style and presentation of Timelines, so we’re planning to continue that with a different series (currently unscheduled!) which will detail other aspects of the lore of The Old Republic.

So, nope.

I'm not intricately familiar with TOR's development, but wasn't BioWare Austin created by EA specifically to make TOR?

The creation of the BioWare Austin studio and announcement of the SWTOR project were in early 2006.

BioWare was purchased by EA in late 2007.

The first Galactic Timeline video was released in early 2009.

EA didn't create BW Austin, but they did own the studio by the time they started producing the Timeline videos. They didn't 'kill it when they took over' - the series was an EA product to begin with.

Edited by DarthDymond

Back in 2013 or so they said this:

Stephen Reid (Senior Community Manager): When the Timeline series was begun we weren’t entirely sure how many timelines would be needed to detail relevant backstory for The Old Republic and left ‘blank spaces’ on the Timeline that, we thought, would all be filled in with Timeline entries. Ultimately, we feel we’ve detailed all the relevant backstory required, so no more Timeline entries going back into earlier history are planned. However, we know how much players enjoyed the lore details, style and presentation of Timelines, so we’re planning to continue that with a different series (currently unscheduled!) which will detail other aspects of the lore of The Old Republic.

So, nope.

Dang, I was really looking forward to seeing it be completed since some of the entries look like they could be really cool!