I/O Merc-Cat Says: Gief RailShot Animation and Sound-effect Back Nao, Plees?

midianlord

Yeah, what the title says (if not necessarily in LOL-Speak :))

But seriously, now:

RailShot's animation, and most especially its sound-effect are, truly, among the game's most epic --one of many contributors to me having no less than eleven Mercs (all but two level-capped and decently geared, too!) across five servers (the class-story is a lot better than its detractors would have you believe as well, but I'm digressing).

Mag-Shot, on the other hand, ummm...welll...not so much:

The animation often delays, and the shot itself has a flight-time, RailShot is truly instant, unless you're actually lagging.

IMHO, the "guns akimbo" animation, whilst not bad in and of itself, doesn't really suit the overall character of the Merc --it seems much more a 'Slinger thing (who already has a couple like this), but not at all part of the "extensively-practised and well-equipped professional" air I've always thought the Merc has.

But most of all, the sound:

Weak. Oh my Dog, just so, so weak, it's almost cringe-worthy.

At least let us have the sound back, and ideally remove the flight-time.

What say you, fellow Mercs?

Edited by midianlord

Whiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnngggggggg POW!!!! Maybe they should look into the effect for Blazing Bolts too, it is nothing more than unload with curly bolts.

Yeah, really.

The Commando's version is actually pretty cool --it really looks like a massive, relentless storm of bolts, something I'd expect a multi-barrelled BFG on full rock-n-roll to do, but the Merc's version...meh.

(I just wish there were more Assault Cannons that sounded more like...you know, cannons.)

Yeah, really.

The Commando's version is actually pretty cool --it really looks like a massive, relentless storm of bolts, something I'd expect a multi-barrelled BFG on full rock-n-roll to do, but the Merc's version...meh.

(I just wish there were more Assault Cannons that sounded more like...you know, cannons.)

My Mercs blasters used to sound like somebody banging on a plastic bucket, now they actually sound good (RK-6s). I still lol at the gangsta style cross handed pose of UL/BB on the Merc. The obsession with blasters that look like flintlock pistols is still funny though, I use RK-6s because they actually look like something I would expect a professional bounty hunter to use (for those that don't know the RK-6/7 blasters look like SMGs)

Edited by mrvwbug