Optional Weapons Suggestion

Kerbehram

How about a class appropriate optional / additional weapon skill unlock, perhaps a cartel market item. Why not have a Jedi Knight of Sith Warrior with a Saber Staff? Perhaps a Smuggler or Bounty Hunter with a Rifle? What about a Trooper or Agent with a Pistol. Counselors and Inquisitors with Dual Sabers could be an option. I don’t think it is too much a game changer.

What do you think?

It is, especially for pvp

You wouldn't be able to tell the class from the weapon/saber/saber stance, so u would need to target everybody in turn and read off the advanced class, which would make your reaction time really slow

How about a class appropriate optional / additional weapon skill unlock, perhaps a cartel market item. Why not have a Jedi Knight of Sith Warrior with a Saber Staff? Perhaps a Smuggler or Bounty Hunter with a Rifle? What about a Trooper or Agent with a Pistol. Counselors and Inquisitors with Dual Sabers could be an option. I don’t think it is too much a game changer.

What do you think?

Unfortunately, I don't see this happening because it removes the unique-ness of each class. Assassin/Shadow is unique because only THEY can wield double-blade, Operatives and Vanguards are unique because only THEY can use rifles. And this is ignoring the potential meta-gaming that might ensue, because I think each weapon type calculates weapon damage slightly differently.

What do you think?

been suggested a thousand time (seems search feature has a bug again).

too much of your class is tied to weapon choice to offer any sort of change. The basics being 1) Animations for all abilities tied to weapon choice (dual wield vs staff) 2) damage calculations skills are based on whether there is an offhand weapon that deals damage vs offhand that is a stats holder (generator/focus vs. blaster/saber).

so no, not likely ever to happen.