10m Death Field and Big Bosses

MillionsKNives

Double-tapping Death field is broken on large bosses since the range reduction.

Since the change to Death Field in 3.1.2 I'm finding it really annoying to play Hatred against big bosses. Big bosses tend to have very large hit boxes, where your range will read 0.0 even if you're actually 5 or more meters away from the boss's center. This is all well and good for normal abilities since they rely on this range to calculate whether or not you can use them. However, this is not true for double-tapped abilities like Death Field. For a boss like Underlurker I can be well within 10m according to my range finder, but unable to use the double-tap for Death Field. I believe even at the edge of melee range (4m) I was still unable to double-tap it. This effect is even worse for the orb at the end of Revan. I was reading at 0.0m but still unable to double-tap to cast Death Field. I had to resort to clicking the ground next to me instead.

This completely defeats the purpose of double-tapping if I have to resort to ground placing my ability. This is normally not an issue since the old range of 30m was pretty generous and the difference between the boss's hit box and center isn't so pronounced, but with only a range of 10m this is really annoying. If you're going to keep this useless change (really what does reducing the range to 10m really do, even in PVP which spawned the change in the first place) then you need to fix it that double-tapping works based on hitbox range, not center range.

• 2 weeks later...
The more I play my Hatred Assassin in operations the more annoyed I'm getting at this change. Having to ground place my Death Field all the time just because the boss's center is 10+ meters away from me, while his hitbox range is <4m is infuriating. Please fix this!