The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars Starship Stats Collection

raandomname

Well I'd suggest using a contextual and comparison approach.

What we know:

-Hutt vessel cira Great Galactic War era. This suggests that it is not a dedicated warship or it is heavily modified

-Originally Cargo, converted to military use. Further supporting above conclusion.

-Heavy Cruiser. This honestly could mean anything as names are occasionally deceptive when looking at ship class.

--Heavy Cruiser designation suggest 600 / ~1000 meter range for size though again, see above.

So we should be looking at the standard armaments of Cruisers at the time. Barring that, find the average armament of ships in its class across time periods and use a slightly smaller number to account for the retrofit and non-standard (non-military) layout/design.

As for guns... Not sure, but I'd say fewer missile tubes and definitely fewer cannons than most ships of its size if we go off the fact it used to be a cargo ship and is still a hutt ship at a time that Hutt rule was more open and aggressive.

Side Note: Mandalore's flagship is a heavily modified Ajuur. However it too has very little information on it.

I think perhaps the best analog that I can thing of off the top of my head would be the Bothan Assault Cruiser. However this is a military vessel through and through so perhaps 20% fewer weapons? (That is arbitrary and if anyone can come up with a logical reduction or better analog I'd love to have more perspectives.)

Well I'd suggest using a contextual and comparison approach.

What we know:

-Hutt vessel cira Great Galactic War era. This suggests that it is not a dedicated warship or it is heavily modified

-Originally Cargo, converted to military use. Further supporting above conclusion.

-Heavy Cruiser. This honestly could mean anything as names are occasionally deceptive when looking at ship class.

--Heavy Cruiser designation suggest 600 / ~1000 meter range for size though again, see above.

So we should be looking at the standard armaments of Cruisers at the time. Barring that, find the average armament of ships in its class across time periods and use a slightly smaller number to account for the retrofit and non-standard (non-military) layout/design.

As for guns... Not sure, but I'd say fewer missile tubes and definitely fewer cannons than most ships of its size if we go off the fact it used to be a cargo ship and is still a hutt ship at a time that Hutt rule was more open and aggressive.

Side Note: Mandalore's flagship is a heavily modified Ajuur. However it too has very little information on it.

I think perhaps the best analog that I can thing of off the top of my head would be the Bothan Assault Cruiser. However this is a military vessel through and through so perhaps 20% fewer weapons? (That is arbitrary and if anyone can come up with a logical reduction or better analog I'd love to have more perspectives.)

Good analysis. My only change is that I believe that it should be more then a 20% reduction, because the Bothan Assault Cruiser is not a standard cruiser, but highly advanced and intended to replace the Victory Clas (at least if Wookiee is to be believed).

Good analysis. My only change is that I believe that it should be more then a 20% reduction, because the Bothan Assault Cruiser is not a standard cruiser, but highly advanced and intended to replace the Victory Clas (at least if Wookiee is to be believed).

Like I said, I was using as an example. I would have to agree with you though.

More on that, the Kyramud-type is a Battleship. In terms of length, it is roughly the size of a Cruiser, but by virtue of being a Battleship it likely has increased power output and other upgrades that give it an edge, since it obviously has more guns than most ships its size.

These two examples show that instead of going off size we need to also look at quality, purpose, and context before making a final decision. more input aside from my own is always nice guys :D

These two examples show that instead of going off size we need to also look at quality, purpose, and context before making a final decision. more input aside from my own is always nice guys :D

Totally agreed and thats what I have been also trying to do with the stats I proposed so far. Btw. Id still be grateful for any feedback.

What would really help determine the % of weaponry comparatively that an Ajuur might have, is to see if there is some way for us to get its length, as to see where on the scale of heavy cruiser it falls.

The feel I'm getting from looking at Heavy Cruiser stats has me feeling 5-10 Turbolaser Batteries, 10-15 Quad turbolasers, ~5 Proton Torpedo or Concussion Missile launchers, and perhaps 10-20 point defence cannons seems right especially if it has that rail gun attached.

I got this by going off the low ends of the Vindicator and Dragon-class heavy cruiser and substituting for the quality of some of the guns. What do ya'll think?

I'd also hesitantly put the ship's size around ~700 as most larger cruisers are about that size.

Edited by StarSquirrel

The feel I'm getting from looking at Heavy Cruiser stats has me feeling 5-10 Turbolaser Batteries, 10-15 Quad turbolasers, ~5 Proton Torpedo or Concussion Missile launchers, and perhaps 10-20 point defence cannons seems right especially if it has that rail gun attached.

I got this by going off the low ends of the Vindicator and Dragon-class heavy cruiser and substituting for the quality of some of the guns. What do ya'll think?

I'd also hesitantly put the ship's size around ~700 as most larger cruisers are about that size.

Only issue I really see is that what use would they have for the proton torpedo's if they have a rail gun? (they could use the extra room for more slugs if nothing else)

• 2 weeks later...

One ship that I think would be really interesting to discuss is the Annihilation Class Starfighter. It is supposed to be the fastest star fighter ever, so I think that giving it around 200 MGLT seems reasonable. It probably also has similarly impressive maneuverability and defences. However, the biggest question I have is its armament. It is supposed to be able to cripple star destroyers, but how does it achieve this immense fire power?

• 1 month later...
You mean the Providence that Anakin and Obi-Wan board to rescue Palpatine? If thats the one then that ship had been getting pounded pretty good by various Republic ships during the battle and was likely heavily damaged by the time it plummeted down through Corusant's atmosphere. So with the ships structure already compromised from the damage it took from the battle with the added strain of an uncontrolled re-entry was probably what caused it to break.

Harrower-Class Dreadnought:

Armament: 25 quad turbolasers and 18 light turbolasers

Harrower-class dreadnaught, standard model, is equipped with Turbolaser cannons, Quad-laser turrets, Ion cannons, proton torpedo tubes and concussion missile launchers. Though exact quantities of each are unknown.

In addition, Harrower-class dreadnaught, standard model, carries 95 starfighters, 32 bombers and 35 shuttles.

Furthermore, Harrower-class dreadnaughts have modified variants such as Silencer, Desolator, The Gauntlet, The Undying and The Javelin. These variants are equipped with super-weapons.

Sel, can you post the Hammerhead-Class' armament please?

A standard Hammerhead-class cruiser is equipped with 6 Turbolaser cannons, 2 Quad-laser turrets and 2 Point-defense laser canon batteries.

In addition, a standard Hammerhead-class cruiser carries 12 starfighters and 2 shuttles.

The latest revision of Hammerhead-class cruiser is Thranta-class corvette. It is equipped with Twin-mounted Turbolaser cannons, Laser turrets, Ion cannon, and Concussion missile launchers. Quantities of each are unknown with exception of Ion cannon which is only 1.

In addition, Thranta-class corvette carriers 14 starfighters, 3 bombers and 4 shuttles.

You would find Valor-class Cruiser more interesting. It was equipped with Turbolaser cannons, Quad-laser turrets, Ion cannons, Proton torpedo tubes, and Concussion missile launchers. Once again, exact quantities of each are unknown. For defensive measures, this cruiser is equipped with Deflector shield banks.

In addition, Valor-class cruiser carries 110 starfighters, 40 bombers and 25 shuttles.

Valor-class was the only cruiser in Republic arsenal that could hold its own against a harrower-class dreadnaught in battle.

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

• 3 months later...

Revival!

X-83 TwinTail:

Speed: 120 MGLT

Maneuverability: 200 DPF

Armor: 55 RU

Shields: 250 SBD

Bes'uliik:

Speed: 140 MGLT

Maneuverability: 140 DPF

Armor: 20 RU, but actualy more like 200+ RU due to Beskar plating

Shields: dont remember if it is stated to have any, but likely no more then 50 SBD due to its armor

Everybody who is familiar with them will probably agree that the armaments given for the Liberator and Bulwark Mk III Cruiser in Star Wars Rebellion are way too large for their size. Id thus suggest just dividing the armament numbers by 3.

Liberator Cruiser:

- Current armament: 240 heavy turbolasers and 200 ion canons

- Proposed armament: 80 heavy turbolasers and 60 ion canons

Bulwark Mk III Cruiser:

- Current armament: 1250 turbolasers and 600 ion canons

- Proposed armament: 400 turbolasers and 200 ion canons

I know that this is a direct contradiction to these ships' canon stats, but there is no debating that their current armaments are too large and imho it is a waste to ignore these two awesome ships just because we are unwilling to go against the sources.

With a more sensilbe armament for the Bulwark Mark III, I think we can now also create reasonable stats for the Mark Is and IIs.

Mark I:

Lenght: 1000 meters

Armament: 100 turbolasers and 50 ion canons

Mark II:

Lenght: 1750 meters

Armament: 200 turbolasers and 100 ion canons