Help i just deleted a name and now it is taken

loathzor

Names are available immediately after they are deleted. In other words, a name should be available to you instantaneously once it's deleted. I have deleted characters in the past and was always able to create a new character with the same name right away. Edited by BlackRifle

sounds odd, are you sure the character was 100% deleted? Or maybe its a popular name.Or server hasnt updated?

No one ever uses my names in any of the mmo's ive played, so all is good. Find a more rare, odd, misspelt name you can think of in the future.

Heres what happ.......

Someone wanted your name, and put it on his friends list.......When you deleted your character, it showed him BLAHBLAH no longer exists.

Then he rushed to character creation and got the name.....Happens alot..../shrug

Its not 'your' name any longer, and totally within the rules..better think up another one...gl!

How can you delete by accident??

You have to type in the word "DELETE" just to confirm.

i've destroyed items by accident as well and you have to confirm that also.

how i did it?

i took it dragged it over to my armor slot thought it was prompting me that it will bind to my character and instead i destroyed it. didn't even bother reading i just assumed.

things happen bro.

Heres what happ.......

Someone wanted your name, and put it on his friends list.......When you deleted your character, it showed him BLAHBLAH no longer exists.

Then he rushed to character creation and got the name.....Happens alot..../shrug

Its not 'your' name any longer, and totally within the rules..better think up another one...gl!

What the? I did not know this. So the friends list will actually tell you if a particular name has been deleted.

I think he means he thought he was deleting an alt and deleted the main character on the account. Happens to the best of us! Hope CS can help you out bro!

Yeah, if you give your alts a similar name to your main it can be really easy to mess up. I'd recommend that people give names to their alts that are nothing like the name given to their main character.