The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bind on Legacy Cartel Gear

All my gear is now BoL, which is great for me when I want to play either lightside or darkside characters.

Not having BoL on the cartel market has certainly made me not want to buy or use any of the cool cartel equipment.

So, for what it's worth, I'd like to see BoL on the Cartel Market gear.

Once outfit designer is out you will be able to separate appearance and stats: So you can use legacy armor for stats and cartel items for your appearance on any chars once you unlock them in collections. With this legacy CM armor is no needed.

If Costume Designer was not coming out in a week I would agree. :)

BUT... it would defeat the purpose (IE: Making Money) if you didn't have an option to unlock Cartel Armor account wide for use.

With Costume designer you pick whatever you want appearance wise.

If Costume Designer was not coming out in a week I would agree. :)

BUT... it would defeat the purpose (IE: Making Money) if you didn't have an option to unlock Cartel Armor account wide for use.

With Costume designer you pick whatever you want appearance wise.

Since it is not BoL I can't use the Mods between characters, so I 'm just not buying anything from the cartel market. So your reasoning is the opposite for me. If the CC items were BoL I'd buy them for every pair of characters light/dark side. As it is, looks like I'm sticking to Gree gear and saving my money.

Lets break it down:

Cartel Market allows you to unlock items Account wide with additional cc's

Outfit designer coming out next week lets you have up to 16 tabs, costing in increasing increments credits or cc's. Each tab you can put whatever gear you'd like in head/chest/wrist/belt/legs/boots. the main "gear" tab holds your gear that actually has stats in it, and you use the additional tab(s) to style your appearance.

So, unlock whatever you want frmo the cartel market for that character or account wide, then drop it in a tab in outfit designer. use whatever ugly legacy gear in the gear tab you want, and style yourself however you want in the other tabs, unlocking CM gear per char or account wide from the Collections tab.

Not that difficult, really.