The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lightsaber Pike/Lance History Lesson/Research

Gameverseman

So would I be correct in assuming he was more a super soldier than sith?

I mean unless you wanna take that he was Lumiya's apprentice and then him proclaiming to be a Sith Lord then...yeah he was pretty much a super trooper, as was Kanos and the rest of the Royal Guards, they all were pretty much, the best of the best.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I mean unless you wanna take that he was Lumiya's apprentice and then him proclaiming to be a Sith Lord then...yeah he was pretty much a super trooper, as was Kanos and the rest of the Royal Guards, they all were pretty much, the best of the best.

Hmmm... that's definitely food for thought. Thanks for the info!

I also am wondering if there are any instances of Qichani being practiced by anyone. I'm curious because in Qichani the blade and staff can be separated into two parts for close quarters dual wielding (in essence, a mandalorium staff in one hand and a lightsaber shoto in the other). Is it possible that either Darth Nihl or Carnor Jax was trained in this style?

I also am wondering if there are any instances of Qichani being practiced by anyone. I'm curious because in Qichani the blade and staff can be separated into two parts for close quarters dual wielding (in essence, a mandalorium staff in one hand and a lightsaber shoto in the other). Is it possible that either Darth Nihl or Carnor Jax was trained in this style?

Definetly not. Jax never actually used a lightsaber pike and thus wouldnt have trained in this form.

When you take a closer look at Nihl's lightsaber, it becomes pretty obvious that it is made out of one piece, making it impossible to use this style.

Definetly not. Jax never actually used a lightsaber pike and thus wouldnt have trained in this form.

When you take a closer look at Nihl's lightsaber, it becomes pretty obvious that it is made out of one piece, making it impossible to use this style.

Well keep in mind we are assuming that, at some point, Jax used a saber pike. So it would stand to reason that he would learn some form. Im just wondering if it was Qichani.

He doesn't need to use a bike, there can be weapons that can detach and reattach into one, doesn't have to be a lightsaber.

Ok so yes, Jax could possibly use it considering the training the Guards go through. Mastering every form of Martial combat, mastering all ranged and melee weapons. So given the chance, he could probably utilize the form.

Even though it's Jedi in origin?

Even though it's Jedi in origin?

Well from what I'm reading, the form does take Echani into account which is one of the Guard's main martial arts, using a heavily modified and more lethal version. Considering that their level of skill, even with it being of Jedi origin, the Guard could still probably wield weapons in a similar fashion. Jax is seen using duel wielding during training, so it's not that difficult to go with a weapon that can detach and form two weapons to use.

So while it's of a Jedi origin, the Guard being masters of every known means of combat. Could do something similar to it at best.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well from what I'm reading, the form does take Echani into account which is one of the Guard's main martial arts, using a heavily modified and more lethal version. Considering that their level of skill, even with it being of Jedi origin, the Guard could still probably wield weapons in a similar fashion. Jax is seen using duel wielding during training, so it's not that difficult to go with a weapon that can detach and form two weapons to use.

Ah, I see. So he just might not be as effective as an official Qichani practitioner?

Not in the sense it would be an exact representation, but less effective I don't think so.

So Jax's resourcefulness and knowledge of all other combat styles has the potential to tip the scales in a battle against, let's say, a Qichani based Jedi battlemaster? Given that battlemasters are masters of all styles as well (At least to my knowledge). I only ask because my friend who might be going to the convention with me plans to be a Mando Jedi Battlemaster. :o

Edited by Gameverseman

So Jax's resourcefulness and knowledge of all other combat styles has the potential to tip the scales in a battle against, let's say, a Qichani based Jedi battlemaster? Given that battlemasters are masters of all styles as well (At least to my knowledge).

Wait hang on...Quichani isn't really a style, you're getting it from a Roleplaying thing off the Wookiee right?

Yeah it's not an actual canon thing to go with, so not sure if that dampers your idea or not.

Wait hang on...Quichani isn't really a style, you're getting it from a Roleplaying thing off the Wookiee right?

Yeah it's not an actual canon thing to go with, so not sure if that dampers your idea or not.

Well so much crap is no longer canon thanks to Disney so I dis-regarded that.