The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lightsaber Pike/Lance History Lesson/Research

Gameverseman

Hello everyone!

How was Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, huh? Good stuff! That being said, I have recently been given the opportunity to go to Star Wars Celebration in London next year. It will be, not only, my first Star Wars Celebration.. but it will be my first convention ever. So, I want to go all out and I have decided that I would want to be a Sith (Empire Forever!). But, moreover, I would want to be a lightsaber pike/lance wielding sith. Now I am a Star Wars fan through and through but my knowledge of non-mainstream lore (outside the old republic and movies) is little at best. So I have come here to, as the title says, research and learn anything there is lore-wise when it comes to Sith and the lightsaber pike/lance. Any and all information is appreciated. I have done some research of my own and I couldn't find anything substantial for Sith. The closest I have come to is Qichani (which is Jedi). So, hopefully, you guys can help me fill in the blanks. Thank you for your time!

Hello everyone!

How was Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, huh? Good stuff! That being said, I have recently been given the opportunity to go to Star Wars Celebration in London next year. It will be, not only, my first Star Wars Celebration.. but it will be my first convention ever. So, I want to go all out and I have decided that I would want to be a Sith (Empire Forever!). But, moreover, I would want to be a lightsaber pike/lance wielding sith. Now I am a Star Wars fan through and through but my knowledge of non-mainstream lore (outside the old republic and movies) is little at best. So I have come here to, as the title says, research and learn anything there is lore-wise when it comes to Sith and the lightsaber pike/lance. Any and all information is appreciated. I have done some research of my own and I couldn't find anything substantial for Sith. The closest I have come to is Qichani (which is Jedi). So, hopefully, you guys can help me fill in the blanks. Thank you for your time!

Here you go http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor%27s_Shadow_Guard :D Have fun!

Technically no, they were closer to Dark Jedi, but we'd generally refer to them as Adepts.

No real Sith orders have had force pike users, they're quite rare indeed. If you wish to Cosplay as a Sith with a force pike, it'd need to be one of your own choosing.

Technically no, they were closer to Dark Jedi, but we'd generally refer to them as Adepts.

No real Sith orders have had force pike users, they're quite rare indeed. If you wish to Cosplay as a Sith with a force pike, it'd need to be one of your own choosing.

Any recommendations aside from the Shadow Guard?

Any recommendations aside from the Shadow Guard?

Sorry, I meant someone of your own creation.

The only named person we know used a Lightsaber pike to my knowledge was Kazdan Paratus and he was a Jedi. Other than that, I got nothing :(

Edited by Selenial

The only named person we know used a Lightsaber pike to my knowledge was Kazdan Paratus and he was a Jedi. Other than that, I got nothing :(

I'm overly critical when it comes to lore and such so it's difficult to be original and canon but thanks anyways. :D

Jedi Temple Guards used the Lightsaber Pike and they were Jedi, could play it off as a fallen Temple Guard. That's canon as they were in Clone Wars.

If you really want to scrape the bottom of the SW barrel, X1 used a force pike, as well as other weapons, before he went all Sith lord and used a lightsaber. It's a bit silly and complicated but he was an Adept before he became "Sith"

Edited by Temeluchus

Jedi Temple Guards used the Lightsaber Pike and they were Jedi, could play it off as a fallen Temple Guard. That's canon as they were in Clone Wars.

If you really want to scrape the bottom of the SW barrel, X1 used a force pike, as well as other weapons, before he went all Sith lord and used a lightsaber. It's a bit silly and complicated but he was an Adept before he became "Sith"

X1? I'm not familiar with him. He might be worth a shot... I could pass him off as an ex-Shadow Gaurd ;)

X1? I'm not familiar with him. He might be worth a shot... I could pass him off as an ex-Shadow Gaurd ;)

Eh X1 was a clone from a Jedi Knight(Falon Grey), who became a Clone Trooper during the Clone Wars, then later became a Stormtrooper and then became a Dark side adept then later proclaimed himself a Sith Lord.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Jax wasn't a Sith either nor did he wield a Saber pike.

Jax was Lumiya's Apprentice, technically he was a Sith. He even claimed the title of Dark Lord of the Sith and had control and support of the Imperial Ruling Council as Emperor.

True, we never saw him using a lightsaber pike,only a Imperial Guardsman pike but with some creative interpretation it could work. He could have constructed it "off screen" and never used it "on screen". I'd even wager if the Shadow Guard had been created and established before Crimson Empire had been written we would have seen Jax using a lightsaber pike at some point.

The movies made the Imperial Guardsmen seem like just more fodder to be easily mowed down by the heroes, Crimson Empire showed just how ****** they all were.

Edited by Temeluchus

Jax was Lumiya's Apprentice, technically he was a Sith. He even claimed the title of Dark Lord of the Sith and had control and support of the Imperial Ruling Council as Emperor.

True, we never saw him using a lightsaber pike,only a Imperial Guardsman pike but with some creative interpretation it could work. He could have constructed it "off screen" and never used it "on screen". I'd even wager if the Shadow Guard had been created and established before Crimson Empire had been written we would have seen Jax using a lightsaber pike at some point.

The movies made the Imperial Guardsmen seem like just more fodder to be easily mowed down by the heroes, Crimson Empire showed just how ****** they all were.

True he was Lumiya's apprentice, but I never really put much stock into that tbh as for him being a Sith. But yes he was a self proclaimed Sith Lord.

No doubt he could wield a Saber pike considering his Force affinity.

? The Royal Guard was never shown to be in combat, they were just in the movies there to stand a look pretty. But yeah, the Royal Guards in CE were all amazing and even in the Betrayal series, now there be some super troopers!

True he was Lumiya's apprentice, but I never really put much stock into that tbh as for him being a Sith. But yes he was a self proclaimed Sith Lord.

No doubt he could wield a Saber pike considering his Force affinity.

? The Royal Guard was never shown to be in combat, they were just in the movies there to stand a look pretty. But yeah, the Royal Guards in CE were all amazing and even in the Betrayal series, now there be some super troopers!

Correction: they got tossed against a wall by Yoda before he fought Palps and also stood there and looked pretty. i was hoping they would show up in Clone wars and be shown in their proper light, guess I will have to hope for a Rebels appearance.

If I were the Op, I'd pick Carnor Jax. But I am biased as CE is my favorite of the EU/Legends.

Correction: they got tossed against a wall by Yoda before he fought Palps and also stood there and looked pretty. i was hoping they would show up in Clone wars and be shown in their proper light, guess I will have to hope for a Rebels appearance.

If I were the Op, I'd pick Carnor Jax. But I am biased as CE is my favorite of the EU/Legends.

Correction, those guys Yoda TK'd were Red Guards not Royal Guards. Besides it's Yoda, that's hardly a slight on them anyway.

Red Guards were chosen from the Senate Guardsmen/Commandos, Royal Guards didn't come till later on when the Empire was formed, Royal Guards have way better training than the Red Guards. Though the Red Guards/Senate Guards/Commandos are also bad*** too.

Also yeah, I think CE is too my fav thing from the Legends EU. I hope we can get something of another series involving the Royal Guards in the new EU.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

In that case can anyone tell me more about Carnor Jax?

In a nutshell, Jax was a Stormtrooper, became a Shadow Stormtrooper, was then selected to become a Royal Guardsmen, was then trained by Lumiya and became a Dark adept becoming a Sovergin Guardsmen. After Palps death, he betrayed his brethern, proclaimed himself a Sith Lord and died in a duel with the last of the Guardsmen Kir Kanos.

He wielded a Vibroblade staff similar to Kanos. His TK was powerful enough to crush small objects and move big rocks, he could also tell when someone was lying and could rip weapons out of an opponent's grasp.

Pretty much Jax in a nutshell.

In a nutshell, Jax was a Stormtrooper, became a Shadow Stormtrooper, was then selected to become a Royal Guardsmen, was then trained by Lumiya and became a Dark adept becoming a Sovergin Guardsmen. After Palps death, he betrayed his brethern, proclaimed himself a Sith Lord and died in a duel with the last of the Guardsmen Kir Kanos.

He wielded a Vibroblade staff similar to Kanos. His TK was powerful enough to crush small objects and move big rocks, he could also tell when someone was lying and could rip weapons out of an opponent's grasp.

Pretty much Jax in a nutshell.

So would I be correct in assuming he was more a super soldier than sith?