The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ambitious Warrior (Aspiring Knight) Unisex Version

Can we please, please, please get a version of the Ambitious Warrior armor set (from the Galactic Ace Starfighter Pack, and practically identical to the Pub side medium Aspiring Knight armor) that wears the same for both male and female avatars? i.e. that does not turn it into a halter top exposed midriff outfit for females?

The halter top version looks fine and has its place, but it is a very different look from the male version, and it is frustrating to be given no choice whatsoever over this variation (speaking as both a female player and also just someone who enjoys being able to fine-tune the look of an outfit, the latter being something I know I'm not alone in). The majority of the Cartel Market outfits wear the same for both male and female avatars (even if that makes them look hilarious sometimes); that's part of their selling point, that they cross faction and gender lines. But the Ambitious Warrior outfit is a sad exception, particularly as it's such a great fighting Jedi look in its default (male) version.

I'd love this too! :) Also, I'd suggest the same for the Sith chest pieces (Muse Vestments, etc) that become crop tops on females. They did it for the original Revan top, and Mako shows the "male" versions of such tops when using the infected customization (at least, last I checked), so I doubt it is a hugely difficult request to fill.

Mind you, I do like crop tops. They're attractive and can look great with some outfits. But I also like the versions with full coverage -- perhaps, even more than I like the cropped ones -- as I feel that the cropped versions lose most of the beautiful and interesting details. :(

I thought about those Imperial side armors as well; there are tons of them that turn into halter/crop tops on females, many more than for outfits on the Republic side. But I noticed that almost all of those Imperial outfits were either crafted oranges or drops; I couldn't (on a first pass at least) find any that were from the cartel market. Like you, Gwena, I'd love to get both versions of those Imperial armors too, but at the very least I figured that a popular outfit like the Ambitious Warrior, which is already a CM piece, might stand a better chance of getting an alternate version released in future packs. Or maybe added to a reputation vendor somewhere!

I agree that sometimes the crop top look makes for a great outfit. And I happily wore the Aspiring Knight set, crop top and all, on my female JK for a while because it was still one of the best outfits around at the time - but from the very first I always wished it looked the same as the male version. As you say, a lot of great detail is often lost with that cropping. On the Ambitious Warrior, the patterned wraps are part of what give it character, and also make it look more "combat ready."

And I must confess, at this point there are just so many options for someone who wants a "skimpy" or extremely revealing outfit that I don't think that particular fetish really needs to be served anymore. Or at least not so exclusively! (Yes, as a female gamer I get a little annoyed, but it's just as much if not more about simple aesthetics.) I think back to the Thana Vesh armor and how popular that was; still a sexy look, but also something that covered and looked combat ready. (Proving that it doesn't have to always be skimpy to appeal.) With the Thana Vesh armor they eventually re-released that all over the place with various pieces removed to make it skimpy - let's just do the opposite for the female version of the Ambitious Warrior, yes? :D

Edited by JediBoadicea