The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Guild Finder Feature?

Sternedanke

Something I have noticed is that when it comes to guilds a guild recruiter has to be online to recruit a player into a guild. I know players complain about SWTOR being too much like WoW, but something I noticed from WoW I think would be a great addition to how SWTOR is played when it pertains to guilds is the Guild Finder.

What this means is that when a player activates the Guild Finder, a pop up shows that lists every guild in that server. With this Guild Finder, a guild recruiter could use the Guild Description to describe the guild for a potential player. So say for example: say player A wanted to join Jawa Extermination Squad. They would use the search bar on the pop up, type in Jawa Extermination Squad, and any guilds with those names in it would pop up but the rest would disappear. Player A would then find the guild and click on the "Request to join". Now even though a recruiter from the Jawa Extermination Squad may not be on at the time, the guild would still get the join request and the GuildMaster or recruiter could either approve or disapprove of it.

This would save time for players who really want to join one particular guild and would also save time for the recruiters as they would not have to be online for the average player to say they want to join. They could get the join request when they log back on and accept it or disapprove it.

just something I figured I'd suggest...now what is everyone else's ideas on this matter?

Edited by Sternedanke

Since day # 1, Bioware / EA has said NO addons, no third party sites, or mods...so all we have had to go on for finding what we need is by knowing what sites are out there.

For searching out a guild, you can either search or post in your own server sub-forum for guild recruitment ads.

OR

You can go to http://idealguildquiz.com/, for guilds that have or had participated in listing their guild requirements and what they are involved in.

Hope this helps. May the force be with you.

It doesn't look like it works anymore

Resent 5/30/14... anyone there?

Dont think it works anymore :(

After I click finish it doesnt work and get directed to errorpage :confused:

I never got a response to my emails and post from June. They may not be active anymore.

I filled out the guild wizard as well, clicked the final button at the bottom page and got the error page? Looks like it's still broken.

I Just tried this, I get an error page when I hit finish as well.:(

and my results when I tried it

Server Error in '/' Application.

Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=314055 for more information.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=314055 for more information.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>

<system.web>

<compilation debug="true"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.

Client IP: 70.190.208.140

Port: 54371

Referer: http://idealguildquiz.com/

Path: /Default.aspx

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

ViewState: /wEPDwUKLTQyMTk5MzQ1Mg9kFgICAw9kFgICAQ9kFgQCAg8PFgIeBFRleHQFAjg4ZGQCDQ8QZA8WCwIBAgICAwIEAgUCBgIHAggCCQIKAgsWCxAFDkJlZ2VyZW4gQ29sb255BQ5CZWdlcmVuIENvbG9ueWcQBQ1KZWRpIENvdmVuYW50BQ1KZWRpIENvdmVuYW50ZxAFB0p1bmcgTWEFB0p1bmcgTWFnEAUUUHJvcGhlY3kgb2YgdGhlIEZpdmUFFFByb3BoZWN5IG9mIHRoZSBGaXZlZxAFC1RoZSBCYXN0aW9uBQtUaGUgQmFzdGlvbmcQBQ1UaGUgRWJvbiBIYXdrBQ1UaGUgRWJvbiBIYXdrZxAFDVRoZSBIYXJiaW5nZXIFDVRoZSBIYXJiaW5nZXJnEAUOVGhlIFByb2dlbml0b3IFDlRoZSBQcm9nZW5pdG9yZxAFD1RoZSBSZWQgRWNsaXBzZQUPVGhlIFJlZCBFY2xpcHNlZxAFD1RoZSBTaGFkb3dsYW5kcwUPVGhlIFNoYWRvd2xhbmRzZxAFFFRvbWIgb2YgRnJlZWRvbiBOYWRkBRRUb21iIG9mIEZyZWVkb24gTmFkZGdkZBgBBR5fX0NvbnRyb2xzUmVxdWlyZVBvc3RCYWNrS2V5X18W6AIFBEE0LTAFBEE0LTAFBEE0LTEFBEE0LTEFBEE0LTIFBEE0LTIFBEE0LTMFBEE0LTMFBEE0LTQFBEE0LTQFBEE0LTUFBEE0LTUFBEE0LTYFBEE0LTYFBEE0LTcFBEE0LTcFBEE0LTgFBEE0LTgFBEE0LTkFBEE0LT...]

[HttpException (0x80004005): Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=314055 for more information.]

System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Exception inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +116

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString, Purpose purpose) +432

System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter2.Deserialize(String serializedState, Purpose purpose) +8

System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter2 formatter, String serializedState, Purpose purpose) +40

System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +248

System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +272

System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +36

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6704

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +245

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +72

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +58

ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +4

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +341

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

I think it is safe to call this project abandoned.