hoods...

People have been asking for this for years.

At this point, I think they dont want to mess with it for fear of complaints from the subset demanding there be an animation associated with removing said hood.

(people have -demanded- there be an animation where your character reaches up, dramatically pauses, then pulls the hood down, one also wanted your character to bow after they did it...)

Id just be happy if they didnt make you BALD under hoods.

◆◆EDIT◆◆

Also, forgot the people demanding that once down there be a rumpled up version of the hood draped accross the back if your shoulders, which i see causing oodles of clipping issues that are already seen by the already existing outfits that have a lowered hood attached that people complain about...

Simplest measure is just making it dissapear, but then the two demands listed above wouldnt be met, and would cause tantrums that they probably just dont want to deal with.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

It is ridiculous at this point that they have not made a "Covert Headgear" that simply hides hoods without adding anything, or a headgear that's just a plain hood. These would be stupidly simple to make. They don't even need new meshes or textures.

The only logical explanation for not putting these things in the game yet is that they've been hard at work for years on a fancy, possibly animated hood toggle feature, and they don't want people to feel ripped off after they bought these other items.

Well, number one, just make it super common, and then nobody will care. Number two, people have been constantly asking for a way to hide hoods since the game was still in beta, the Cartel Market has been around for what, two years? and this stupidly simple, stupidly obvious solution to the problem has been sitting here in everybody's face this entire time, being ignored... for reasons I cannot for the life of me begin to understand!

Especially now that there are all these awesome new hairdos that people buy with real money... Why? Why is this STILL not a thing? How many versions of this thread need to be posted?

It boggles my mind. It makes my head actually hurt. It's confusing to the point of being kind of upsetting.

The one semi-logical argument I have seen against the invisible hood item that replaces hoods on robes is that it "would allow F2P/Pref players to bypass the 'Hide Headslot' unlock." I'm pretty sure a sufficient work-around could be found for this problem, even if it was nothing more than the 'invisible' hood displaying a hood-in-down-position around the shoulders and in either Primary or Secondary color (preferably one of each) for color-matching to the rest of the outfit.

Yes, please create something that allows us to put down/remove hoods from robes. I like seeing my character's head (and hair)

The f2p argument is a bad one, all they have to do it toss the Covert Energy Helmet up on the CC market for more money that it would take f2p to unlock hide helm account wide. Then any f2p trying to use the Covert Helm as a work around would be giving BW *MORE* money than if they bought the ability unlock, win/win. And people would buy the helm in droves, it could be a fairly high priced CC item and still sell like wildfire.

I would like to know the real reason they haven't added this helm, I know there must be one since people have been begging for it to hide the hoods for two years. It's a very obvious and simple solution, which means there must be a good reason they aren't making money and doing it. I'd love to know what it is, but the f2p thing is not it, that breaks down pretty easily when they can make more on people trying a work around then they do currently with the unlock.

Edited by Karaiblis

Its funny, how so many here wish to hide the hood, yet im looking for an option to put up the hood, id love the valiant jedi set with a hood up, the eradicator set just doesn't have those shiny metal pieces in the armour.

Yes I'm very picky :p

The one semi-logical argument I have seen against the invisible hood item that replaces hoods on robes is that it "would allow F2P/Pref players to bypass the 'Hide Headslot' unlock." I'm pretty sure a sufficient work-around could be found for this problem, even if it was nothing more than the 'invisible' hood displaying a hood-in-down-position around the shoulders and in either Primary or Secondary color (preferably one of each) for color-matching to the rest of the outfit.

Yes, please create something that allows us to put down/remove hoods from robes. I like seeing my character's head (and hair)

They've taken stuff that used to cost money and made it free before. This would be a really good instance to do it again.

Also, when it comes down to it, hiding hoods and hiding helmets are functionally different things... and assuming it's a cartel market item or an item that comes in packs, people are still technically paying for it, even if people down the line buy it with credits.

They could be jerks and make it artifact quality, so it would require THAT unlock...

Edited by nerdofprey

Yes yes the old hood option. It's not going to happen as they said they wanted to do this shortly after launch, but admitted there were issues making this happen. That was end of it after that. While It sucks that's what we we're left off with. And that was back before the layoffs etc.

Don't ask me to post a link. As that information is long gone.

I don't understand why they can't start introducing cartel market sets which have this feature. They don't have to apply it to everything out there, they can start including it to the new things though. Or at least provide hood up / down chest piece versions. it's ridiculous that they don't. Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Tbh, i always thought it would have worked better if robe/cape/coat was a seperate item. Its not just the hoods up and down that people seem annoyed about (as am i) but you often get a nice piece of armour with no robe/cape/coat, or a nice robe ect with awful underclothing. just my 2 pennies