What are the main attributes of the Vanguard?

ddldave

I am going Aim, then Endurance, then Crit for now. I'll focus on defense in later levels (currently 31) when there is a lot more +defense on items. Right now I benefit SO much from having high crit - for both aggro regereation, and PVP.

Endurance and then Aim :p

Defense if you can get it.

I disagree. More Endurance is only helpful if you would die without it. Once you have "enough" endurance, more does -nothing- for you. In contrast, more Aim is always helpful because more damage means faster fights.

Only stack End if you find yourself dying. Otherwise, go for damage.

I disagree. More Endurance is only helpful if you would die without it. Once you have "enough" endurance, more does -nothing- for you. In contrast, more Aim is always helpful because more damage means faster fights.

Only stack End if you find yourself dying. Otherwise, go for damage.

It is true that I don't know the math behind combat mechanics yet. The game is new. If anyone has pulled this out of the game already through observation and testing I haven't seen it.

What do you mean by 'enough'? Have you observed a cap, or a state of diminishing returns?

Even so, if you are a TANK, defense is traditionally more important than DPS. If your strategy is to survive through higher DPS (faster fights), you are not tanking.

In most games ZERO damage output is perfectly fine as long as you can generate and maintain ALL the aggro and survive.

Of course this is a brand new game with new systems and because of a couple of things, namely small fellowships where each person/NPC must put out a proportionately higher amount of DPS for the group, and the dynamics of the target group being spread out and staying spread out throughout the fight (vs being herded through the aggro and combat system or by the tank), the DPS that the tank puts out becomes more important.

But I cannot see it as being paramount, perhaps more of a 70/30 or 60/40 defense/offense split vs the traditional 90/10 or even 100/0.

I'd like to know more about an Endurance effect cap.

Our primary attribute is greatness. Try to pick up excellence and awesome as they become available as well.

Well put..

Also, pretty stupid question but.. What stat effects kinetic dmg? When i think of abilities like Shockstrike i feel like it could be affected by STR.