Bioware told sorc class to bend over and take it

hoaxburn

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean all those other classes that also have amazing self healing even in DPS spec... oh wait I forgot only sorcs have that. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing you forgot about the gunslinger/operative.... who can stealth AND wears medium armor.. and the commando/mercenary who isn't even supposed to be a tank but still gets to use heavy armor and use heals.

And perhaps you overlooked the fact that every class can roll with their healer comp (or treek) and never have to worry about healing themselves during combat.

The Sage on the other hand has to constantly stop fighting to heal themselves and their companions.. which of course means that they can't focus on doing damage (even in the DPS spec) which just makes the fights last longer and the class unfun to play.

And perhaps you overlooked the fact that every class can roll with their healer comp (or treek) and never have to worry about healing themselves during combat.

What's the difference between Lightning Sorc soloing with Treek in tank mode and any other ranged burst spec soloing with Treek in Tank Spec??

What's the difference between Lightning Sorc soloing with Treek in tank mode and any other ranged burst spec soloing with Treek in Tank Spec??

The difference is the that Sages are so squishy that after the fight has gone on for more than 5 seconds, they have to just keep healing rather than doing any damage. Yes, you can survive that fight, but it's longer than other classes have to deal with and not as much fun. I'm not talking about a single strong or champion mob. I'm talking about 6 standard comps all wailing on you. Before, you could kill most of them in one or two force quakes. Leaving the remaining a lot easier to deal with. Now you basicly have to focus them one at a time while you're getting gang raped by a group of standard enemies.

Besides, my point with treek is that other classes don't need healing when they have high defenses and a good healing companion (or at least the ability to stealth out of a fight if it's getting too rough). Without the defenses that other classes have, the healing that your companion does simply isn't enough to keep you alive.

If you want to spend your time in pve doing nothing but healing your tank companion, your in luck. But I personally find it unrewarding and not fun. It's the whole reason I didn't spec healing. I've played every advanced class up to at least lvl 55, and the Sage is easily the hareest to solo.

I don't mind they nerfed the FS/FQ damage. I don't even mind they took away the snare. What I do mind is the fact that the only viable AOE ability has been cut in half. Leave the cast time and force power costs. Don't tell me to just spam it , hit it twice. **** you , see how you like to have to hit your aoe ability twice in a row just to get the same result. That's some BS that no other class has to deal with, with their aoe. Cmon Boiware, there are acceptable nerfs and then there is utter stupidity to have to do something twice for a viable effect. Single target it is then, 1 step forward, 2 f***ing steps back huh....

Cancelled my subscription over this, I've had enough of having my main continuously weakened. This nerf, along with the recent removal of hybrid specs is the last straw. I've been a subscriber for almost three years but now I'm simply fed up.

Cancelled my subscription over this, I've had enough of having my main continuously weakened. This nerf, along with the recent removal of hybrid specs is the last straw. I've been a subscriber for almost three years but now I'm simply fed up.

Took the words right out of my mouth

I´ve found a solution for my trouble with sorc/sage-.

Remember when they nerfed Scoundrel (took single aoe out) ? What did I do? Stop playing my scoundrel.

So I will stop playing my sage and my sorc and be back into fun classes that havent been nerfed yet.

So my list of playable stuff goes like

Guardian / Jugg

Sentinel / Mara

Shadow / Assassin

Sage / Sorc

Scoundrel / Oper

Gunslinger / Sniper

Commando / Merc

Vanguard / Power

If they continue nerfing, I´ll run out of classes to play, and will stop playing. Simple, and drama free, because let´s get real; BW wont put things back nor reconsider the changes they´ve made.

pd: sub is out of question, no way i´m paying when i can do almost the same, for free

Edited by mervila

The difference is the that Sages are so squishy that after the fight has gone on for more than 5 seconds, they have to just keep healing rather than doing any damage. Yes, you can survive that fight, but it's longer than other classes have to deal with and not as much fun. I'm not talking about a single strong or champion mob. I'm talking about 6 standard comps all wailing on you. Before, you could kill most of them in one or two force quakes. Leaving the remaining a lot easier to deal with. Now you basicly have to focus them one at a time while you're getting gang raped by a group of standard enemies.

Besides, my point with treek is that other classes don't need healing when they have high defenses and a good healing companion (or at least the ability to stealth out of a fight if it's getting too rough). Without the defenses that other classes have, the healing that your companion does simply isn't enough to keep you alive.

If you want to spend your time in pve doing nothing but healing your tank companion, your in luck. But I personally find it unrewarding and not fun. It's the whole reason I didn't spec healing. I've played every advanced class up to at least lvl 55, and the Sage is easily the hareest to solo.

Why do you need to heal Treek?? The self healing Tank is the biggest boon to solo-ers that the game has. A reasonably geared Treek in Tank stance should pretty much hold aggro for long enough to allow a competent dps of any class to burn down any encounter in solo endgame pve. Marksman Snipers don't really do much more damage than post nerf lightning, and have no heals at all, but can still breeze through any solo content with Treek.

And if you do happen to pull aggro off her, there are plenty of options in the Sorc toolbag for a reset: Cloud Mind being the obvious, but Force Speed, Force Slow and Overload can all open a bit of distance whilst Treek gets her act together if necessary, and you can always Barrier if it gets really Hairy. I guess I don't get what is so much harder about soloing as a Sorc than any other ranged dps class.

If you are just talking about random mobs in leveling and dailies I don't have sympathy for you. If you are having that much trouble with trash mobs you have more things to worry about than force storm nerf.

Agree 100%.

Considering the light armour and off healing abilities, the Sage/Sorc WERE balanced with pro's and cons.

Off-healing sucks force, it's slow and stops Sages DPS'ing - adding that to the light armour, if they can't keep up the DPS, they're pretty much cactus...

So why Nerf it..???

Perhaps this is their lunatic way of raising the difficulty of FP's and Op's.. Watch how many Bosses enrage from now on before people actually work out that a 10 - 20% DPS reduction in a group along with no off-heals, WILL make a difference.

Ohh and btw..Good luck with the Ads, especially in Blood Hunt HM...

Edited by JazPent

Same here... founder, played since launch... pulling the plug. My main, a madness sorc, is not even worth playing anymore.

Madness is dangerously close to OP in it's own right, mainly becouse of it's DoT spread. That's PVP only, couse in PVE it desperately needs more damage.

Lightning, on the other hand, was overperforming, both as burst class and in AOE situations.

So, kind sir, you shut up now. Even better, unsub. You won't be missed

next thing u know, you, and people like u will be complaing that madness sorc are to op'd. many sorc are switching to madness, now that you got your wish.

Same here... founder, played since launch... pulling the plug. My main, a madness sorc, is not even worth playing anymore.

yeah im getting sick of bioware and e/a. 1 the bots. jung ma is full of them and I have created 3 tickets on them. theres no customer service at all. 2 month and the bots are still there. 2 I paid good money to increase my lv cap why the **** are they nerf my fav class. oh u want me to try other classes? **** that other classes cannot shoot lightning from their hands, the only reason I did other class is to unlock class buffs. I pay for this game to use a lightsaber and shoot lightning from my hand. it feels like I am paying for other f2p to throw their bots on my server and for the devs to nerf my class. **** you im glad battlefront 3 is coming out because pvp multiplayer will be ten times better than what you just did bioware. enjoy your cash flow while it last. battlefront 3 will murder swtor

Edited by hoaxburn

I'm guessing you forgot about the gunslinger/operative.... who can stealth AND wears medium armor.. and the commando/mercenary who isn't even supposed to be a tank but still gets to use heavy armor and use heals.

The Sage on the other hand has to constantly stop fighting to heal themselves and their companions.. which of course means that they can't focus on doing damage (even in the DPS spec) which just makes the fights last longer and the class unfun to play.

not only that. have you seen how op'd those shadow/assassin class are? I have a hard time dealing with one on my sorc. and if 2 get on me im ****ed. but no they don't nerf them now do they?

Love to see Sorc tears, moreso when the tears come form the noobs that only could Force Storm spam all the time!, God, 3 months of annoying spam but THIS, just this 3 pages are totally worth it. Keep crying guys.

Now the only thing left for me is a post full of Assasin's tears too, crying that their class wasn't OP and that the nerf is unjustified... XDD

ah u must be one of them heavy armor class, who is terrified of sorc dps and always goes to attack light armor because they know they cant handle against heavy armor. lmao u heavy armor cant stand a sorc recking you up. and I love it more than u love a little sorc tear.

Wrong. This is not just what happens. I've been around a long time, and this is by quite a margin the biggest and most unjustified nerf in the entire history of MMORPGs.

Tracer Missile and Grav Shot would like a word with you.

Long Cast Time, Easily interruptible, can be LoS, can be stopped with zero effort. And was nerfed into oblivion three days after the game was launched in a "hot fix". Three days after launch. Why? Cause terrible players didn't know how to read tool tips and use their CC options, they just ignored mercs and Commandos and let them turret teams to death. Commandos and Mercs suffered the biggest and most unwarranted nerf. A nerf so devastating that nearly all three ACs (were the other two ACs got hit for no reason) for both classes, who still suffer to this day from and continue to obtain unwanted and unwarranted nerfs with bare minimal buffs that rarely benefit the class.

Sorc had OP AoE. It needed to be fix. It was uncalled for them to hit a nerf on their their single target DPS, but Sorc/Sage is still far better and widely more desirable to bring in both PvP and PvE content then a Merc / Commando. Sorc got a slap on the wrist; Mercs / Commandos got ganged up on by both BioWare and the Players at once.

Edited by RangKer

If there was an issue with sorcs, and I'm not saying there was; there are much more professional ways of handling them. Instead of one huge GUT PUNCH all at once...how about a change a patch and just see how it goes. This kind of over reaction is typical only in companies who are ridden by drama queens and reactionaries at the top echelons. This could have been done much better if it needed to be done.

Level 60 sorc, playing off and on since launch...

Sorc/Sage is still far better and widely more desirable to bring in both PvP and PvE content then a Merc / Commando.

While from my impressions at fighting Mercs that might be true in a context where they are pitted against the melee classes but in a strictly ranged duel they are equal to sorcs. It is also the result of a wider problem regarding the balance between the melee, stealth and ranged as a whole. It seems to me that they want ranged classes to avoid melee combat at all cost but to make that even possible they have to be given mobility advantages but that will just turn the former imbalance on its head. The design should instead to give ranged classes the advantage of a first one or two shots after which they will be forced to engage in a melee of sorts which should then balance out by the slightly (!) higher melee dps of devoted melee classes. As to mobility there should be no gap closers or radicallly movement impairing abilities just a slight speed advantage for melee classes so that they can engage without beeing stuck in a perpetual ranged combat (while still beeing forced to eat the first few shots a ranged class can fire).

Edited by Sorelus

While from my impressions at fighting Mercs that might be true in a context where they are pitted against the melee classes but in a strictly ranged duel they are equal to sorcs. It is also the result of a wider problem regarding the balance between the melee, stealth and ranged as a whole. It seems to me that they want ranged classes to avoid melee combat at all cost but to make that even possible they have to be given mobility advantages but that will just turn the former imbalance on its head. The design should instead to give ranged classes the advantage of a first one or two shots after which they will be forced to engage in a melee of sorts which should then balance out by the slightly (!) higher melee dps of devoted melee classes. As to mobility there should be no gap closers or radicallly movement impairing abilities just a slight speed advantage for melee classes so that they can engage without beeing stuck in a perpetual ranged combat (while still beeing forced to eat the first few shots a ranged class can fire).

that's not even the problem. the problem is with shadow/assassins class. they are both range and melee and tank, so why nerf the weak light armor sorc. before the nerf I could hold my own against them but we get nerf and the sins get nerf up. what the **** now I cant even hold my own against those hatred whatever spec.

Funny how often I see "the biggest nerf in MMO history line." A highly doubt that. You may be coming from a pve perspective so I won't comment on that, but from a pvp standpoint the standing of sorcs will remain unchanged. They are still a very powerful class in pvp and the lightning nerfs will not change that.

i want what this dude is smoking.

maybe healer sorcs. but lightning!?

I love my sorcerer in madness...instead of only using 2 buttons I have to strategize more...so be it...I still rank well in PvP and pve is not that hard with your own tank...I understand some frustration but seriously not that difficult...I don't lose in solo fights only when outnumbered and in PvP they definitely are still afraid