The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Madness vs Lightening DPS 3.1.2.

FerkWork

When I did some parsing on parsely using madness I had fantastic sustained damage, the graph was a straight line nearly... But when I used lightning, the burst was higher and even though sustained damage was lower, at the end of the parse I had done a lot more damage on lightning

I can see Madness being useful if you need higher sustained damage on multiple target... But on single targets or targets that need burst... I would use lightning

It's why Madness is considered the sustained class while Lightening is burst :p

The only real issue that faces is Madness is it is overall force negative and pushing your DPS to the max will burn away all your force really quick. Hence, Mila's parses where on some he did actually run out of force. The self heals of Madness makes it hard to buff without making it OP. Suggestions ranged from Consumption procs to Bring back FL clipping.

In the current tier of Ops here's what I would see each be best suited for in my opinion (Others make disagree):

Madness:

Revanite Commanders

Underlurker

Chief Engineer Torque

Lightening:

Quartermaster Bulo

Sword Squadron

Master and Blaster

Coritanni

Revan

Malaphar and Sparky you can take whatever you want as they are dummy parses essentially.

On a Random note now I want to take all Madness DPS for that opener and spam DF at the the right door when they spawn.

Edited by FerkWork