The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thoughts on the new patch?

KStone

I was very disappointed to see the results of the new patch personally. Haven't been playing that long, and just 2 days ago got my first char to 60 (lightning sorc). get most of the Yavin 4 equip for pve, was able to solo small groups of enemies with Talos out and healing, and overall -ENJOYING- the game.

Today, I go in and begin to do some of the dailies that's on Yavin 4 so I can get the remaining pieces.... and I pull a single mob, and it wipes the floor with me. I adjust tactics, come back at it, and I still just can't kill it. The nerfs done to sorcerer are horrendous in my opinion. I don't have any other classes really to say "This sucks for this too, and that one for that" but man alive, I went from being proud to having my 60 and being able to be up there with the others and getting on par to my level to being a little b***h again who can't even kill some mobs for his level on the dailies.

Not sure what Bioware is trying to do, but honestly I've gone from seriously loving this game (and devoting most of my game time to it instead of others) to not so much. Please undo some of what you have done, if I can't enjoy the game I'm not gonna play (and I have no qualms about spending cash for cartel coins, already done quite a bit myself because of things I wanted).

What is YOUR opinion of the patch?

The patch is pure garbage and a waste of time and resources when the game itself has many of the same bugs and glitches since Launch.

but like the majority of Devs and in many other games titles like to fix things that are not broken and in doing so create more problems.

So how / where would we complain enough to Bioware to make them undo the patch? If PVP'ers (which is what I'm gathering from what everyone is saying) is the reason for it by complaining, there should be a way for us to complain to have them undo it.

I know of several games where there are "duplicate" skills, one for PvE and another for PvP. And honestly there's no reason why Bioware can't do the same thing. Then PvE stays happy, and PvP is happy b/c when fighting other people it uses the nerfed version.

So how / where would we complain enough to Bioware to make them undo the patch? If PVP'ers (which is what I'm gathering from what everyone is saying) is the reason for it by complaining, there should be a way for us to complain to have them undo it.

I know of several games where there are "duplicate" skills, one for PvE and another for PvP. And honestly there's no reason why Bioware can't do the same thing. Then PvE stays happy, and PvP is happy b/c when fighting other people it uses the nerfed version.

I agree completely. If I remember correctly, Rift had/has two seperate skill trees for pve and pvp. It kept everything nice and neat. I'm sure there's a program function that could be triggered when players become pvp flagged that changes the skill tree appropriately. It's stupid to gimp pve lightning sorcerers because pvp players think they're unbalanced.

Just to be clear I'm a PvE player. The patch has made my light armor sage much harder & less fun to play. Some will say Forcequake was overpowered but I solo a lot and found it to be powered just about right. I will probably rethink my subscription when the time comes.

A little disappointed with the sorcerer/sage changes, but not NEARLY as much as I thought I'd be. They're still very playable (at least at the level I play at which is level 60 hard-mode, no ops really to speak of). This is to be expected when you have so many changes that negatively impact your main. It's just life, I've already learned a new rotation that is clunky, but working well enough. It's at least something new to work out, a new "problem" to get my teeth into and have some fun solving.

I absolutely think bio-ware went WAAAAYYYYY overboard with all the changes. I'd have done a change a patch. For two reasons. One to get people used to that huge shot to the gut slowly and two to actually see if all the changes were even necessary...

Edited by Narasil

My favorite character is my Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer. I use the Madness / healing discipline. I have only noticed minor changes like the duration and power of Force Storm. I solo a lot so I haven't noticed many of the issues my fellow players have encountered. I have read problems faced by players in general chat.

Please BioWare, UNDO your patch changes! Stop making us weaker and make us stronger so we can take on greater challenges. Isn't that how life works? Stop gimping us.

I don't even PVP!!!! I play on Taris with my Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer to raise money and commendations to help my lower level alts. My Imperial Main character Sorc "Krushya" is level 60. My nephew and I are trying to max out the armorings in our main characters so we can take on the all of the expansion content. We don't PVP!!!

Don't punish me because pvp players lose badly and want to nerf anything that makes them lose!

UNDO your patch and restore the power and duration of my Sorc's skills as well as those of my Sage.

I love Star Wars and SWTOR. I am a subscriber. Don't punish me because of the tears of others.

Edited by Darth_Krushya
more info, spelling, grammar

I agree that the patch sucks. My sage/seer is now fubar.

Pretty much. My main got nerf hammered and will probably make me not re up. I went this route with WoW with PvP nerfing the hell out of the classes I played making them a choir to play and now it's happening here. DA3 has been sitting there unwrapped, guess it's time to change.

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately, the dev's will never undo this patch. They listen too much to the pvp'ers who, is and should be separate from pve'ers. After all, there are TWO different sets of gear out. 1 for pvp, the other for pve. Until they begin to listen to the pve community, all classes will sooner or later become neutered all due to pvp.

It wasn't just for PvP... no other class could solo as a healer hitting one button and melting groups of mobs in PvE. Now some people will say "well I should be able to faceroll solo content. Problem is that effectiveness spilled over into PvE FP and OPs. Their options were thus to buff everyone up or nerf down a couple, Thye chose the nerf.

It wasn't just for PvP... no other class could solo as a healer hitting one button and melting groups of mobs in PvE. Now some people will say "well I should be able to faceroll solo content. Problem is that effectiveness spilled over into PvE FP and OPs. Their options were thus to buff everyone up or nerf down a couple, Thye chose the nerf.

In my 15 years of playing MMOs, I've never understood the pettiness of players when they cry "Hey class X can do this better than my class! I want to do that too! No fair!" Play within your class or re-roll. Stop trying to "even the playing field" for everyone when class choice during character creation is supposed to mean something besides outfit aesthetics and any roleplaying factor. Pick your poison and play it accordingly... or lord forbid... learn to play multiple classes to see the strengths and weaknesses of each class. Classes aren't meant to be comparable. They have their highs and lows. High dmg mitigation versus low dmg mitigation or low, steady dmg versus the fragile glass cannon. Stop worrying about what others are doing and just play your own character. Stop penalizing some because of others ego hangups.

I dunno...I have a 60 lightning sorc, and I have no problem crushing the content on Yavin 4.

The nerfs were a bit of a drag, but being able to Force Storm down anything that moved made the class consist of 1 button.

Admittedly, it was fun to levitate up and crush everything...but I actually find myself using those other buttons because I have to, not just because I happen to want to see a different cast animation this time.

PS - Why solo with Talos out? Use a tank.

Edited by Case_Wight