The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cool little tidbit from JK Corellia story Living vs Universal Force

Ghisallo

Just noticed something playing the JK through for the first ime (did consular twice) There is an encounter with

Bengel Morr

where, though they don't use the terms, you basically chose your philosophical view of the force, do you believe in the Living Force or the Universal Force. I thought it was kinda cool...

Edited by Ghisallo

Think this would be better placed in the Story & Lore section, but that was one of the nice moments I can remember from doing the Consular story.

Unfortunately, I also remember being bored to tears sometimes with Act 2 of the Consular story. Trooper and Jedi both were kind of boring for me during their second act, but Consular was the worst so far (still to do Agent/Inquisitor/Warrior).

Smuggler was fun, especially since you're with the Republic more as a victim of circumstance (like Han Solo), with an outcome that wasn't really typical for Bioware stories.

I will say though, that I certainly preferred the Consular's story over the Knight's.

Knight felt more like a rehashing of KoTOR at times. It wasn't helped by Kira/Doc being the obligatory romance options, and their characters feeling like "reboots" of Bastila Shan and Carth Onasi.

Think this would be better placed in the Story & Lore section, but that was one of the nice moments I can remember from doing the Consular story.

Unfortunately, I also remember being bored to tears sometimes with Act 2 of the Consular story. Trooper and Jedi both were kind of boring for me during their second act, but Consular was the worst so far (still to do Agent/Inquisitor/Warrior).

Smuggler was fun, especially since you're with the Republic more as a victim of circumstance (like Han Solo), with an outcome that wasn't really typical for Bioware stories.

I will say though, that I certainly preferred the Consular's story over the Knight's.

Knight felt more like a rehashing of KoTOR at times. It wasn't helped by Kira/Doc being the obligatory romance options, and their characters feeling like "reboots" of Bastila Shan and Carth Onasi.

I put it here because tbh this is where the people who really know the deep EU stuff... living vs Universal Force etc. hang out. I was originally gonna put it there but then said "oh yeah... that where THOSE people are" because that concept goes FAR beyond this game.

I also did the Consular story, twice (one shadow one sage.) Its weird I liked some of the finer details in the JK story more but over all I liked the Consular more as well. First it seemed like that the JK had a lot of stuff handed to him, I mean I think Satele wants to have his love child ;).... On the other hand the Consular had to work for what he got...

he had to make his army...not just get appointed Supreme Commander of Jedi Forces (as one example).

Edited by Ghisallo

First it seemed like that the JK had a lot of stuff handed to him, I mean I think Satele wants to have his love child ;).... On the other hand the Consular had to work for what he got...

he had to make his army...not just get appointed Supreme Commander of Jedi Forces (as one example).

The part in spoilers made me look at that whole second section and actually made me wonder how much they considered the JK another descendant of Revan, given how much of the JK story just came off to me as KoTOR: Reboot Edition.

Of course that then puts Satele Shan wanting to have a male JK's love child into almost the wrong place... Bastila & Revan, spawning the Star Wars version of House Lannister!:eek: