The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Struggling with Torque

Arkhonos

Hello PT/VG Community,

My group is currently working on Torque, and after wiping at less than 1% HP, I'm looking for some help surviving. My current group composition is 2 sorcerers, 1 sniper, and me as AP PT. The ranged DPS are focusing on clearing the adds, and I am tunneling the boss. I usually avoid the floor vents and fire devices just fine, but the real issue arises with the Tamper Deterrent Devices. I know that to some extent they are unavoidable, but I was wondering if there are any tips other PT players have which can help me lessen my damage intake. The other ranged DPS are generally around 5-800 damage taken per second, whereas nearly every pull I am around 1400-1600. Below is a log link from our 1% wipe last night.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/17813/26

Thanks to anyone who can assist me!

First off, Torque was the biggest hit fight with the nerf of pyrotech, as Pyro was great for that fight. When 3.2.0 is dropped, I'll recommend respeccing for it.

Until then, here's some good tips.

1. Get tanks to try keep the boss at the front-right console as long as the repair droid isn't up (in which case you move to front left until its repaired and move back). The repair console there is the least likely to bug out.

The other advantage comes in point 2.

2. Always stand between the boss and the healers. The turrets auto-aggro and stick to the closest player when they spawn. By doing it this way, you will get at most 2 turrets on you at any point in the fight, out of 8.

3. Mortar Volley is your friend in this fight. Try get the sages + slingers to leave the anti-tamper devices at the front to be destroyed by your mortar volleys. Their range AoEs don't have a cooldown so they don't lose anything by attacking a dead target - they can just move on. Once they're done with the back ones, they can move onto the ones you were taking out alongside Torque

4. Energy Shield whenever possible if you are taking turret damage. Its cooldown is reduced if you get hit, so may as well abuse it

Oh and save hydraulics for wookie rage. Nothing is worse than being knocked into fire

Would just like to comment that this week on most pulls my damage taken numbers were much better. Instead of standing just "behind" the tanks, I took your suggestions and stood closer to the healers. This made a world of difference, and it seemed like I never took aggro from the devices on the opposite side from where Torque was anymore.

Thanks for the help!