Companion abilities toggling on/off by themselves

swtonewbie

Just got back to SWTOR like a week ago so i dont know how long this has been going on.

Anyways the problem i'm seeing is that Companion abilities that i have toggled off are getting turned on, and on other companions abilities that i have toggled on to always fire when it is off cooldown, are now getting toggled off. My trooper is using Jorgan and his Shield Boost and Spread fire are supposed to be toggled off, meaning the green square is not on those two ability icons. On my Jedi Knight i use Kira and her Force Tremor is supposed to be toggled on but it sometimes gets turned off, and i also have Blade Ward toggled off on her but it will get toggled on by itself. Not gonna go on all my different classes to try and recreate the problem. Since i've been back i've only played my Trooper and JK and i've seen it on both of them.

I can mount-dismount-mount-dismount and it doesnt seem to affect the companion ability bars. The one other thing that i think could be causing it is instance changing. Like going from open world to a storymode or class instance area. I also notice it happening when i first log onto my character. So it doesnt look like companion ability toggles are saving upon log off either.

Edited by swtonewbie

I've noticed this as well.

For what is worth, I don't believe the abilities are toggling themselves on, but rather the tooltip indicates they are; the abilities themselves remain toggled off I think.

One of the times Jorgans abilities got toggled on, his Shield Boost ability got used and got put on cooldown. So either it isnt a tooltip indicator issue like you say, or it is doing what i mentioned and also an indicator issue like you said (and not always using abilities).

Did a quick test to see if it might just be a tooltip issue and looks like it is. Playing my SW right now and Vettes ability "Survival Instincts" is the one that is toggling on by itself. However its not actually toggling on, just the green indicator box is showing that it is toggled on. Here is what i did to verify that:

1) waited until Survival Instincts (SI) green indicator turned on by itself

2) fought several packs with Vette in the lead to see if SI activated and went on cooldown, but it didnt.

3) very carefully i put my mouse cursor on the green indicator box for SI

4) right clicked it, the GCD border showed up on the ability, but the green indicator box stayed on

5) fought some more packs with Vette again in the lead to see if SI would activate and go on cooldown, and it did

6) mouse cursor back on the green indicator box for SI, right clicked it and the green box went away, ability is now toggled off

So looks like with step #4 the green indicator was showing toggle on, but the ability was actually toggled off. I mentioned earlier that on my Trooper the ability went on CD by itself. Though i dont remember if i right clicked it before or not. Not gonna bother trying to test that out. Just gonna go with what i posted in this post.