198 Deceiver Mender's MK-1 Shotgun Bug - showing 186 barrel

Raytal

Please see the below response from Customer Service. My off-hand is still indeed displaying the incorrect stats. Customer Service investigated the issue and said it was a "bug within the game". May I have an update as to when it may be addressed?

Thank you.

Original help ticket -

Ticket 16231317 Date Created: 03/05/2015

03/05/2015 - Hello

I purchased Deceiver Mender's MK-! Shotgun, and the stats for the barrel are reflecting 186 not 198.

Not sure what is happening here? Please look into this and assist me here.

thank you

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service <support@swtor.com>

Your Ticket# 16231317

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

We also recommend checking the latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes for information on any fixes or changes in our game updates or our Known Bugs list, located at the top of our Bug Forums which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=417.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Galactic support is our specialty…

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

Your original thread about this

As stated before the 198 shotgun comes with a 198 barrel, are you really really sure you did not switch that one out yourself?

Like Customer Service stated -

"Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service."

I am not trying to get anything free or run an exploit or anything of that nature. That would be silly and easily found out by reviewing my log as CS did. I understand "my" issue is being caused by a "bug within the game" (not sure if you saw their response), so I highlighted it.

Just simply looking for an update from any one of the Dev's on this, according to Customer Service known "bug within the game".

Was hoping that a Dev would respond to my ticket number 16231317

But your response was appreciated

The reply you got is what I call a automated response meaning they have closed your ticket and will not do anything more about it.

Perhaps they have passed it along higher up or they might not, I actually do not know.

If your shotgun infact is bugged then I wish you good luck in getting their attention :tran_smile:

Edited by Icestar

Thank you Icestar.

I wish it was something I did. That way I could have asked CS to restore it or something to that effect. Maybe useless but at least I would have myself to blame.

Its maddening not being able to get a simple reply thou - I agree with you there.

Afraid to buy another one for fear that the same thing would happen. I was truly excited to buy that piece of equipment. I guess the Dev team forgot that some of us actually "look forward" to getting gear installed after we've grind-ed out all those hard to get Ultimate comms only to have it bug out.

Thanks for your well wish's -- shame that all we seem to have -- good game when all is working .

I'm a bit of a dog on a bone at this point - tired of being told by CS on nearly every issue that its is a 'bug within the game' and they can't help me and I need to report it as such -- but " while I'm on the line would I like to make another monthly payment"?

Yeah -- Starting to get old!