The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sentinel Vest w/o Hood

I love the Sentinel Vest (and boots and gloves!) but it has a hood and these hip/thigh flaps that cannot be dyed and frankly even if they could, I would rather simply have the vest and arm-straps without the hood or waist-area accoutrements.

There are plenty of outfits that show more skin (the dancer's stuff, most notably) but I like the puckish look of the vest with the bicep straps. The thigh/hip flaps on the sides (and a few strips in the front, too, I think) are also entirely useless and distracting --- they are not even remotely connected to the top, so why are they "part of it"? :)

The non-hooded version is the Aspiring Knight (or very similarly named - I'll try and remember to check when I get home; it's what my Sent. wears)

The flaps are continuations from the rest of the piece in its full version (the bare midriff is only when you put i on female models)

I may actually be thinking of the Aspiring Knight... the gloves and boots are Sentinel and have the same general appearance (straps and all). The one I am talking about IS the bare-midriff / sleeves vest with the one small, rounded shoulder pad. Just the hood and those waist flaps I could do without.

oh, you mean without hood completely? Sorry was reading without hood up.

Yeah, I could see it being useful without the extra bits (especially if they're going to stop the jacket at the midriff on the ladies.

Would also be nice if the light tan/brown wrap parts on the full version would actually dye with the rest of the piece.

Can't post images directly, I believe, but here's a sample pic I found on TOR-Fashion.com:

http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Cascadia-07.jpg

And her page has other 'action shots' in which you can see the un-dye-able parts that are tan, and the red and black parts that ARE dyed:

http://tor-fashion.com/cascadia-the-harbinger/

For a smuggler type, I just think the leg flaps and the hood need to be gone entirely.