Top Posters In This Topic

All Terrain Armored Transport

Production information

Manufacturer

Kuat Drive Yards[1]

Imperial Department of Military Research[1]

Imperial Robotics Construction Facility Ice Station Beta[2]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/at-at

Ok, and where is that located? That is the point I am making. Kuat does not have any factories, but they do have subsidiaries to produce their vehicles, most notably, Rothana. Kuat is not Rothana. While LK gets KDY, the planet chosen MUST have factories in order to produce the units, unless you want to allow the Commerce Guild to have its entire galactic production might?

Also Aurbere... Go after someone else, I have finals to finish! :p:D:cool:

Side Note: Just checked, but the Imperial Robotics Construction Facility Ice Station Beta, was on Anteevy. If the point was that it was under KDY's name, that is NOT what I was trying to show. I know they have plenty of schematics, trade marked work, and patents. I am talking specifically Kuat, which is the only KDY planet that the RR has.

After Thought: Does that mean you will be returning to Conquest as well Aurbere? :D

Edited by Silenceo

I think its likely that Corellia are going to largely side with the Resistance, and they will be kept updated on the state of the war via HoloNet new channels and the like. However as Silenceo points out Jerec is charismatic himself. I find it unlikely that many will find the image of the Droid Division appeal, but Jerec can manipulate in the shadows, while the Resistance broadcast rallying speeches, the IDD can target and persuade key individuals directly, and behind the scenes. After all Corellia is rife with corruption, and this would not be the first time they'd sided with the less reputable.

As for Kuat Drive Yards, while I point I think I'll allow it for the purposes of continuing smooth debate. Lets just assume the shipyards have been re-purposed to construct vehicles, they do after all have plenty of room and materials. Though of course there is always the possibility that they could use the factories on Corellia to manufacture goods.

Edited by Beniboybling

I think its likely that Corellia are going to largely side with the Resistance, and they will be kept updated on the state of the war via HoloNet new channels and the like. However as Silenceo points out Jerec is charismatic himself. I find it unlikely that many will find the image of the Droid Division appeal, but Jerec can manipulate in the shadows, while the Resistance broadcast rallying speeches, the IDD can target and persuade key individuals directly, and behind the scenes. After all Corellia is rife with corruption, and this would not be the first time they'd sided with the less reputable.

As for Kuat Drive Yards, while I point I think I'll allow it for the purposes of continuing smooth debate. Lets just assume the shipyards have been re-purposed to construct vehicles, they do after all have plenty of room and materials. Though of course there is always the possibility that they could use the factories on Corellia to manufacture goods.

*See's response, attempts to walk away*

*Collapses, muttering...*

After Thought: Does that mean you will be returning to Conquest as well Aurbere? :D

Unfortunately not. I'm too busy for something like that. I'm not even sure I'll be able to do as much here as I want to do. Sorry. :(

Just to build on Jerec's possible means of persuasion:

...despite its historic importance in the development of galactic society, Corellia has long since struggled with high crime rates among its population. Violent crimes are comparatively rare, but theft, smuggling, extortion, and bribery are common elements in Corellian life. Recently, this endemic corruption almost led to the planet's total destruction. A cadre of government officials made secret bargains to allow the Sith Empire to invade and conquer their world pratically overnight.

--Taken from the SWTOR Encylopedia

So I think we could have two alternate battle fronts in terms of gaining the support of the population here.

EDIT: Heck, lets not forget folks, Kuat and Corellia are rivals, if the IDD wins they win Kuat. Go figure.

Edited by Beniboybling

As for Kuat Drive Yards, while I point I think I'll allow it for the purposes of continuing smooth debate. Lets just assume the shipyards have been re-purposed to construct vehicles, they do after all have plenty of room and materials.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Suck it up. :jawa_mad:

I just find it completely ridiculous, it's big and has materials yes...but for ship building. So you're really gonna change it completely, just so the RR can also have vehicles and repair vehicles after the space portion? What happened to the whole "you have what you chose" thing?

Or that Kaggath's aren't suppose to be fair? More to that, if you're gonna allow this, then no repairs for ships right? Also considering that, the entire shipyard would have to be completely retro-fitted with space, materials and workers to accommodate this very huge change, that would take an enormous amount of time.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

For the purposes of continuing a smooth debate...

Ok, so we're giving people things despite their own oversights? Beni I took Rothana in the beginning specifically because I knew KDY would not be capable of building vehicles... Gee, I guess I should have gotten a shipyard the size of KDY's over Rothana as well then right? Because that is how this looks.

I just find it completely ridiculous, it's big and has materials yes...but for ship building. So you're really gonna change it completely, just so the RR can also have vehicles? What happened to the whole "you have what you chose" thing?

Or that Kaggath's aren't suppose to be fair? More to that, if you're gonna allow this, then no repairs for ships right? Also considering that, the entire shipyard would have to be completely retro-fitted with space, materials and workers to accommodate this very huge change.

The issue is the suppliers HQ are supposed to be able to produce what your supplier provides, as per rule #37, it was I mistake on my part to approve Kuat for that role but it was approved, at this stage we don't really have another choice.

The alternative is to strip Lady of her supplier of this oversight, but that's out the question, because it was not her mistake. It would also not potentially but definitely invalidate the outcome of every past Kaggath, which is also an issue.

P.S. Kuat Drive Yards are pretty massive, it was responsible for the production of the majority of the Imperial fleet, with numbered in the thousands, they could probably facilitate both.

Edited by Beniboybling

The issue is the suppliers HQ are supposed to be able to produce what your supplier provides, as per rule #37, it was I mistake on my part to approve Kuat for that role but it was approved, at this stage we don't really have another choice.

The alternative is to strip Lady of her supplier of this oversight, but that's out the question, because it was not her mistake. It would also not potentially but definitely invalidate the outcome of every past Kaggath, which is also an issue.

P.S. Kuat Drive Yards are pretty massive, it was responsible for the production of the majority of the Imperial fleet, with numbered in the thousands, they could probably facilitate both.

Beni there are already issues with Rayla's faction that invalidate every previous Kaggath this incarnation of her faction has been a part of so lets not even go there. I'm not going to ***** about that, but Sil has the right to a fair match especially in the finals.

Rayla needs to suck it up that she made a mistake. It is obvious in even a cursory glance at Kuat's wookiee page that there are no factories and we had this same discussion in the match between Rayla and I (I had Rothana remember?) iirc.

Side Note: Funny enough in reference to my last post Rothana actually does have a massive shipyard as well as vehicle production... totally forgot :p

Approved or not, it at the very LEAST should not be out producing Sullust in terms of ground vehicles, since Sullust has a dedicated series of factories, in addition to their shipyards... At the most, Sullust should produce more vehicles since, hey, shipyards can be used to create vehicles now! :rolleyes:

It is a tad ridiculous Beni... I do find it funny though that one of the main RR arguments has been the sheer number of vehicles and how often they can be sent, when in fact it is 0. 100,000,000x 0 = 0. :p Anyways... I understand allowing LK to produce the vehicles with the shipyard for the sake of consistency, but if that is the case, the number/rate needs to be adjusted...

When was this discussion had in the last match?

If I recall, that exact point about the lack of factories on Kuat has been brought up in every single one of the RR's matches, so claiming it as an oversight is a bit...

If I recall, that exact point about the lack of factories on Kuat has been brought up in every single one of the RR's matches, so claiming it as an oversight is a bit...
Well there is a difference in saying they have some production capabilities, and none at all...

The lack of factories implies none at all Beni... And like the man said, it's been brought up in every match so far.
My point was that it hasn't, its been accept that KDY had production capabilities in all past Kaggaths.

But anyway to balance accuracy and fairness I won't make any rulings on the matter, people are free to debate what Kuat can and cannot produce, as well as what they can do to make up for deficiencies, I'll try not to make an issue of it.

Edited by Beniboybling

Since people are undecided on the whole Kuat thing, might as well delve into another topic I mentioned that got no response...

Money money money!

Instead of ranting on and on about the assets, merely going to list them in bullets:

- Jerec is himself a billionaire (He bought his own SSD, curse you limiters! :p )

- Commerce Guild (collection of trade organizations that have lots of influence in the galactic economy)

- IG-88 (he was a rival to Boba Fett in terms of bounties completed as well as the scope of them. Boba had multi-millions)

- I've been robbed! IG-88 might steal Nek's pass code for his account just to troll :D... What! Droid's can get bored too...

- Inquisitorius, had all the funds from the GE they could ever need to track down and eliminate Jedi. Nuff said.

- Might be possible to convince Kuat to not aid RR (RR is seeking to liberate Corellia, which is competition for KDY...)

Now, what ever would they do with all this extravigant wealth that they have? Well, Jerec is no fool! He knows this is the last leg of the race, does he not? I sense a spending spree...

Weapons

- Top grade sniper rifles from Soro Suub product line (to be equipped to re-programmed Z-501 droids)

- Buy the factories in the Incorporation Islands (and the guards that were already there, too)

- Buy local materials or use scrap

- Buy plenty of missile reloads for Dark Troopers so they can go nuts with their shots (already have enough to wipe out every single infantry the RR has without ever reloading, in other words, they have more missiles in just the PII's assault cannons in the clip they come with, than the RR has total troops... With this? NONE STOP MISSILES! GOOOO!)

Emplacements

- AA (such as this, complete with Z-501 droids to operate them. They are quite smart you know...)

- Automated turrets (Similar to E-web or this)

- Base shield (Not sure on specific model, and yes, it will be expensive as hell... it is within the margin.)

- Shields for... idk... something? They can afford it! :p

- Additional mines (for the Chameleon drops that will arrive later, but likely to have mines with initial force)

- Repair supplies

- Repair droids (from Commerce Guild)

- Other goodies

I know, many are likely aghast about me proposing that the faction might actually *gasp* BUY some of what they need instead of relying on contribution from supplier! :eek: :eek: :eek: The fact of the matter is, is that Jerec all by himself can afford most of this stuff, and his goal has always been to be the Emperor. He has already conquered the other dark siders, but they often fall to light siders, and he has the means to hedge his bets by ensuring the initial ground force is as prepared as if hell would march on their HQ.

*Readies for people to disagree, sniper at the ready*

Edited by Silenceo

Surprise!

I'm here to list the RR's various financial assets.

Yeah me arguing for Rayla *gasp* :eek:

Alright well the RR has

-KDY... nuff said

-Nek is actually an extremely smart investor and as such holds tremendous personal wealth that he used part of to fund and run a spy network that was good enough to discover, track, and expose Sith inside the GA government.

-RI has just about an unlimited purse strings. As an intelligence agency they likely also have access to numerous banks.

-Coruscant is a galactic financial and trade center, and the people of Coruscant are likely massively in support of the RR so they now have access to this massive revenue stream.

As for what they have available to purchase, Medical droids (through Ubrikkian Industries, a subsidiary) to help treat wounded, Rothana (since it is not used by any current faction I assume its schematics are up for grabs) means any weapons/guns etc... Clone-related they can purchase...

Now of course I'll leave it up to Rayla what tactics to employ here and decide what the RR might use the money for, but the RR are no slouches in the monetary department.

Surprise!

I'm here to list the RR's various financial assets.

Yeah me arguing for Rayla *gasp* :eek:

Alright well the RR has

-KDY... nuff said

-Nek is actually an extremely smart investor and as such holds tremendous personal wealth that he used part of to fund and run a spy network that was good enough to discover, track, and expose Sith inside the GA government.

-RI has just about an unlimited purse strings. As an intelligence agency they likely also have access to numerous banks.

-Coruscant is a galactic financial and trade center, and the people of Coruscant are likely massively in support of the RR so they now have access to this massive revenue stream.

As for what they have available to purchase, Medical droids (through Ubrikkian Industries, a subsidiary) to help treat wounded, Rothana (since it is not used by any current faction I assume its schematics are up for grabs) means any weapons/guns etc... Clone-related they can purchase...

Now of course I'll leave it up to Rayla what tactics to employ here and decide what the RR might use the money for, but the RR are no slouches in the monetary department.

KDY is the money problem in and of itself. Nek is not rich enough, the RI does not have access to any of it's funds since the funds came from the Republic, they are an expense not a revenue stream. Though Coruscant is correct.

Honestly, I think Sil touched upon something nigh genius. The Inquisitorious and IG-88 are brilliant enough to actually hack the accounts of the Republic Resistance, you'd be surprised that one of the most devastating blows they could make in this battle is financial.

If the Republic Resistance gains support from Correllia, their relationship with KDY will be tenuous at best. What happens when the RR runs out of money is honestly a given, defections galore.