The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Unload/Full Auto for Tanks

OOJames

This is what I figure:

- Unload/Full Auto is a fantastic filler for Tanks but useless for DPS specs correct?

- There was concern that Tanks were doing to much damage/generating too much threat over the other tanks so they removed it?

- It was a long range ability that didn't inline with the melee type class.

- Then 'Ion Shield/Screen has been redesigned: Further increases damage reduction while Ion Cell/Ion Gas Cylinder is active by 2%. Additionally, Energy Blast/Heat Blast damages up to 3 additional enemy targets within 5 meters of the primary target. Does not damage sleeping, lifted, or incapacitated enemies'.

The redesign of the Energy Blast/Heat Blast is great but it seems to slightly void the argument about Tanks generating too much threat or doing too much damage. Also it seems odd they would give Tanks another AOE ability! I suppose the argument could be made they wanted to decrease single target damage and increase AOE damage/threat?

To me Tanks are now a much better class than they were before. The thing is I prefer the gameplay before the change. I miss the channeled ability, granted we also have Ion Storm/Fire Storm. If I needed to move I simply wouldn't use it or clip it. When I'm holding a position it's nice to have another channeled ability. For me it makes the game play more relaxing than bashing loads of abilities like Guardian/Juggernaut Tanks have to. I can sip a drink, eat some crisps as my char pulls of its moves. I would reset the changes and:

- Make Full Auto/Unload 10m range for Vanguards/Powertechs

- Nerf the damage of Full Auto/Unload for Vanguards/Powertechs

- Maybe keep the extra threat from Energy/Heat Blast.

This is what I figure:

- Unload/Full Auto is a fantastic filler for Tanks but useless for DPS specs correct?

- There was concern that Tanks were doing to much damage/generating too much threat over the other tanks so they removed it?

- It was a long range ability that didn't inline with the melee type class.

- Then 'Ion Shield/Screen has been redesigned: Further increases damage reduction while Ion Cell/Ion Gas Cylinder is active by 2%. Additionally, Energy Blast/Heat Blast damages up to 3 additional enemy targets within 5 meters of the primary target. Does not damage sleeping, lifted, or incapacitated enemies'.

The redesign of the Energy Blast/Heat Blast is great but it seems to slightly void the argument about Tanks generating too much threat or doing too much damage. Also it seems odd they would give Tanks another AOE ability! I suppose the argument could be made they wanted to decrease single target damage and increase AOE damage/threat?

To me Tanks are now a much better class than they were before. The thing is I prefer the gameplay before the change. I miss the channeled ability, granted we also have Ion Storm/Fire Storm. If I needed to move I simply wouldn't use it or clip it. When I'm holding a position it's nice to have another channeled ability. For me it makes the game play more relaxing than bashing loads of abilities like Guardian/Juggernaut Tanks have to. I can sip a drink, eat some crisps as my char pulls of its moves. I would reset the changes and:

- Make Full Auto/Unload 10m range for Vanguards/Powertechs

- Nerf the damage of Full Auto/Unload for Vanguards/Powertechs

- Maybe keep the extra threat from Energy/Heat Blast.

The extra threat + AoE on heat blast/energy blast was actually to make up for the SC nerf, which gutted the PTs burst AoE threat when compared to monsters like Marksman Snipers/Sharpshooter Slingers and TK Sages/Lightning Sorcs.

Anyway, if you really want another channeled ability, try using Mortar Volley/Death from Above. Its still better than Ion Pulse x2, just it doesn't give the debuff