Invalid name bug?

RussellRichter

Hello, I recently just deleted a character with the intentions of making a new character with the exact same name. As soon as i deleted the character, i created a new character with the same name, but i keep getting "error invalid name". I also confirmed that there is no characters on republic or imperial side on my server with my desired name. Any help would be appreciated. Is there a timer or is this just a bug?

Maybe it contains a swear word that is blocked, but which wasn't blocked when you first created the character. As far as I know, deleted character names become available immediately.

I'd recommend you to contact Customer Service with an in-game ticket (e.g. category Character/Companion), maybe they can find out what's wrong.

That was my thought, too.

Either you're bouncing off a name filter that's been put in place since you created the original character or you got extremely unlucky and someone snagged the name while you were making the new character.

That was my thought, too.

Either you're bouncing off a name filter that's been put in place since you created the original character or you got extremely unlucky and someone snagged the name while you were making the new character.

This might be it, a lot of people will add a name they want to their friends list in the hopes of seeing "So and so is no longer your friend" flash their screen. (This is the message you get when a character in your friends list is deleted) So it is a very big possibility.