Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Reporting spam should autoignore on all of my alts

Crystus

Logging on to fleet always has at least a couple of spammers and unless you ignore them, that's about all you will see.

You can try to immediately ignore them, but you'll get an error message that you have to wait 10 seconds between ignores.

However, I just reported/ignored them on an alt, why do I have to do it again?

So at a minimum, the ignore functionality shouldn't require a cooldown for ignoring spammers. Better yet, make it so I don't have to do this on every alt.

Logging on to fleet always has at least a couple of spammers and unless you ignore them, that's about all you will see.

You can try to immediately ignore them, but you'll get an error message that you have to wait 10 seconds between ignores.

However, I just reported/ignored them on an alt, why do I have to do it again?

So at a minimum, the ignore functionality shouldn't require a cooldown for ignoring spammers. Better yet, make it so I don't have to do this on every alt.

agree fully!

Does in Rift and other games

one more caveat, if you ignore a toon, then you should also have the option or make it mandatory that you ignore that persons entire legacy or account. I mean we all know that gold spammers just make new toons on the same account and rinse repeat. And add that that one uber annoying tool that continually trolls fleet that you ignore, you should be able to ignore that guy on every one of your toons as well as ignore everyone of his toons.

one more caveat, if you ignore a toon, then you should also have the option or make it mandatory that you ignore that persons entire legacy or account.

Oh, not this again.

you should be able to ignore that guy on every one of your toons

Yes.

as well as ignore everyone of his toons.

No.

Oh, not this again.

Yes.

No.

Well you gotta give Bran credit for staying consistent

Cant factually or reasonably explain his position (keeps pushing the fake and already disproved and discredited privacy excuse theory)

but hes not letting facts get in his way! :D

Well you gotta give Bran credit for staying consistent

Cant factually or reasonably explain his position (keeps pushing the fake and already disproved and discredited privacy excuse theory)

Up next, Kalfear claims that red is blue and that anyone who does not think the same is wrong.

The way the ignore list works is never going to change (except maybe they might make your ignore list global to your legacy). But keep tilting at windmills if it brings you a sense of satisfaction.

Edited by branmakmuffin

The way the ignore list works is never going to change (except maybe they might make your ignore list global to your legacy). But keep tilting at windmills if it brings you a sense of satisfaction.
Pretty much this.

There are privacy issues involved in letting you ignore an entire Legacy.

Letting you ignore one character on YOUR Legacy is fine.

I'd like to see the friends list work the same way so that I can add one character to the friends list of all of MY characters.

That's nothing but an extension of the way it works now.

• 1 month later...
Pretty much this.

There are? Which? They can let me ignore the entire legacy without reveiling any other chars. I do not see a privacy issue, in that case.

Where I DO see a privacy issue is in the fact that i get a gold spam whisper every thirty minute this very moment. The char logs out within seconds after what seem to be mass whisper, 30 minutes later another char with a similar jndf name whispers, and logs. Quickly searching who-screen shows level 1 chars on beginner planets. Typing a message to them takes too long, they are gone. Since several people complain about the same whisper in chat of the respective planet, it must be mass spamming.

Even IF there is an argument, I am currently not thinking of, justice and law is often a matter of weighing different goods. Supposed privacy issue noticed by 2-3 people, vs tormenting hundreds of players with whispers every couple minutes during WZ, OPs, anywhere. And no, switching off whisper entirely is not an acceptable solution.

Edit: forget 30 min. every 9 min now. several times per FP. screw some obscure privacy issues.

Edited by Nazdika

Pretty much this.

Letting you ignore one character on YOUR Legacy is fine.

I'd like to see the friends list work the same way so that I can add one character to the friends list of all of MY characters.

That's nothing but an extension of the way it works now.

People don't seem to realize that the concept of a blind ignore would work around this.

Say you were to click a hypothetical Ignore Legacy. You can't see who you're ignoring, except the toon originally ignored. The game does not show you the other toons on that same legacy, only the one you specifically clicked to ignore. But the entire legacy is ignored nonetheless (and only takes up 1 spot against the ignore limit).

This would work not only against spammers, but against loot ninjas as well (if you ignored one loot ninja so GF didn't match him with you, you probably don't want to run across the ninja's alts as well...doesn't mean the game would have to tell you who the alts are if you could ignore the ninja's entire legacy).

OFC then you'd also need Unignore Legacy, but meh.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.