leeches on shadowlands Imp side

Imgawna

i am very sorry to report that i will no longer be flying on the Imp side of shadowlands. having 2-4 people on a side not even trying to help makes for a very frustrating time. i have put in many many tickets on this issue, i have posted PSA's on how to vote kick, i have tried everything i can think of with no result's i will be flying Pub side for now but if this issue is not resolved i am end my subscription and find a new game.

Shadowlands:

Fixentu/Idoth (pub), Imgawna/Imgawnakikbuti (imp)

Indeed, it's the same guild, usually one person readily identifiable by a reference to Japanese wrestling in his name accompanied by one or two guildies.

Sad state of affairs knowing that it's a 6v8 at best before the game even starts, regardless of which side you're on.

It is ridiculous that these players (guild) have been able to ruin GSF (Impside) for so long. There has to be several hundred tickets about this issue by now with no results. I don't even bother to que impside anymore without a premade.

Bioware I implore you to look into this. This is have a major impact on GSF on the Shadowlands server.

These leeches on the Shadowlands seem to be just two legacies, maybe even the same person. I've entered tickets and posted here about this. Nothing has been done. For now, I'm flying on other servers. But I've seen a leech or two on other servers as well. These guys (or this guy) is going to ruin GSF for everyone.

That's good to know, I have been playing a couple months on JC and in the last month I have seen someone switch sides to make us one short to throw the match. It's annoying to have uneven teams no matter what side of the blowout I'm on but when there are people doing this kind of stuff I just think why even play?

I think I will try the bastion but if I still see this kind of stuff I will stop playing. Maybe all these people should get on the same server so they can have there matches where no one does anything and the rest of us can have fun actually playing the game.

I was trying to teach a guild mate how to fly yesterday and ran into those two as well. I was as mad as you were and also came to the same conclusion. Not flying impside unless I'm running with a pre-made (or hell, even a double). You simply cannot contribute enough to overcome two people who don't do anything.

Admins, this isn't rocket science. You have 100's if not 1000+ tickets with the same 3 or 4 names on them from dozens of players. BAN.THE.LEECH! Simple solution. It's the same 3 or 4 names that have been doing this for 6+ months on a daily basis.

I understand that GSF is very low on your radar of fixes and upgrades, but all we're asking is that you do something about the one or two accounts which are ruining the game for the rest of us. Ask an intern to take 5 minutes out of his busy schedule to ban this guy before you start losing subs.

Edited by Roostah

So what are they doing? Do they just sit at the base or what? I thought there was a timeout in GSF, where if you didn't do something in x minutes you got a penalty....

They spawn periodically and eventually suicide, which resets their inactivity timer. It's inconsistent. Sometimes they take too long and can get kicked, sometimes they do it often enough that they can't be kicked.

It seems likely that at least some of them are botting. I've seen two of them make what seemed to be the exact same turn at the same point just seconds apart. Also, who would leech like this, requiring periodic attention of some kind, unless it really was a bot doing it?

If so, maybe the random spawn point causes problems with picking a good path?

I would like to echo the sentiments of the previous posters. It is routine to fly on Imperial side on Shadowlands and have anywhere from 1-4 farmers. I have reported them but have yet to see any action taken. What is even more annoying is one that I have reported I was able inspect them on the Imperial Fleet and they had played over 1000 GSF matches and only had the achievements for participating. I like GSF but it is extremely disheartening to enter a match, look at the names, and know immediately that my side is going to lose because there are farmers present.

I wonder if they are gold pharmers looking for credits from the sale of fleet comm items? Those banners and ships sell for quite a lot on many servers. It seems to be an inefficient use of time to me but they are gold pharmers. Sounds like something bots could do.

Anyways. I've run into several guilds on a few servers that are just bad, they play constantly but won't engage as part of a team, they just go off and do what they want alone.

I'm not even sure why they do it, it can't be all that worthwhile, though I suppose all they're doing is letting their computer run the game while they do something else and they'll very slowly get conq points, etc., and it's slightly more complicated to do than ground pvp I suppose.

The ones I've seen just fly in straight lines until they crash into something or get shot up. They're annoying as teammates or opponents... I'm not playing the game to run up against people that would be worse than a computer bot. :( And I agree, there's no reason the devs can't do something about this. I'm not entirely sure how time is spent with all the bugs that keep going and going and how slow powers balance goes.

I'm not even sure why they do it, it can't be all that worthwhile, though I suppose all they're doing is letting their computer run the game while they do something else and they'll very slowly get conq points, etc., and it's slightly more complicated to do than ground pvp I suppose.

The guild some of the most prolific leechers are in seem to regularly place in Conquest. Just saying... (On the other hand, these potential bots also play on Mondays, when there are no Conquest points. Maybe the operators just don't bother to shut down them down?)

• 3 weeks later...
this is SO frustrating, I'm in matches where 1/2 the team (on IMP side) are doing nothing. I "friended" them so I can see if they're online and they've been logged in for 12 hours straight. Not that it seems to help, but how do you log a complaint about this????

this is SO frustrating, I'm in matches where 1/2 the team (on IMP side) are doing nothing. I "friended" them so I can see if they're online and they've been logged in for 12 hours straight. Not that it seems to help, but how do you log a complaint about this????

Wow. I haven't seen it that bad before. Maybe we're close to the tipping point where something will actually be done about this?

To report someone, you can to go Custom Service Help Request (CTRL+/) and click on the Request Help tab. Create a ticket and pick the most appropriate category and add whatever details are needed.

this is unreal. are the Devs really just going to let GSF die a slow death? Shadowlands has become completely unbalanced because no one wants to fly Imp side with 2-4 bots to try and carry!

Can we please get some kind of official response on what if anything is going to be done about this?

is there any rule about post the offenders names in here because i have a list...

is there any rule about post the offenders names in here because i have a list...

And the list just got longer as I noticed another new name in the Imp Side Shadowlands Leechers Group. This is exactly what happens when admins turn their back on a game or in this case a part of a game.