The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Conquest: Galactic Scheme's

Silenceo

My interpretation of the battle plan I sent to Sil took roughly 12 hours to complete...

Yea that was close to my estimate of 10 but again he wouldn't get their until a day or two after we already arrived.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this entire thing didn't happen?

That would solve a lot of issues at once.

Well technically my hyperdrive tech + Faction movement innate could have resulted in this. But given what is being said about timing it would be close.

I still wouldn't underestimate that fleet though. I think it could easily take out a good number of the smaller ships. :p

Well technically my hyperdrive tech + Faction movement innate could have resulted in this. But given what is being said about timing it would be close.

I still wouldn't underestimate that fleet though. I think it could easily take out a good number of the smaller ships. :p

Ya the fleet that was there could be painful as it was, but ya 1 day was me taking into account that you might have maxed out Hyperdrive tech and your faction trait (other wise I was looking at it going... that seems like an end of the week kind of travel lol)

Kind of something that was bothering me as well. :p While Karadron definitely loses alone against those fleets, kinda a given, almost nothing has been said about the GE fleet, which upon inspection, could really survive quite a few hits as well as punch a few in the jaw.

Kind of something that was bothering me as well. :p While Karadron definitely loses alone against those fleets, kinda a given, almost nothing has been said about the GE fleet, which upon inspection, could really survive quite a few hits as well as punch a few in the jaw.

If this battle happen then given what has been said about how the MW/FC are acting approaching this I really think the most likely outcome is this:

So the battle goes like this:

1. Tyrral is found dead.

2. Unreported diplomatic ships are seen.

3. The whole affair is called off.

4. They get out of dodge and the sabotaged ships and stragglers are caught by the Immobilizer and captured, as the GI jumps in. In total probably about 3 ships.

Since Karadon Fleet no longer is their our original plan can still be used we still have a fire power advantage over the GE fleet their.Also we have a horrendous Fighter advantage over the GE.While the GE tartans would have to help protect the bigger ships along with their fighters who would also be protecting their fleet.Our Fighters can go on the Offensive.

Side note Star since I can no longer help with the Boarding actions thanks to searching for the assassin can I still get the IMP Designs and the Victories and 2 Vindicator.

After thought wait then star scout ships would never had been destroyed with Karadon fleet no longer their.I also doubt we will jump out the system if we just see the DP20 but the GI would still take another day to arrive.

Edited by Jarons

Ok, not quite sure what you guys are seeing with the movement? By my calculations, the MW and FC just barely reach there due to the penalties and movement hampering, but they do make it there. However, the GI forces, while having delayed a little longer, are able to get there with movement to spare, which makes up for leaving slightly later.

Movement is calculated as travel time and such, and going along that train of though, despite the GI have much more severe travel penalties, they should arrive at about the same time...

Ofc, this is the part where Tune tells me I am wrong and explains how using some math I likely forgot or something. :o :o :o

Since Karadon Fleet no longer is their our original plan can still be used we still have a fire power advantage over the GE fleet their.Also we have a horrendous Fighter advantage over the GE.While the GE tartans would have to help protect the bigger ships along with their fighters who would also be protecting their fleet.Our Fighters can go on the Offensive.

Side note Star since I can no longer help with the Boarding actions thanks to searching for the assassin can I still get the IMP Designs and the Victories and 2 Vindicator.

20 Tartan could take care of like 1,000 fighters or so. Add to that the Vindicator's anti starfighter weaponry. Add to that the firepower that can come from the Victory's and Imperial star destroyers and it can pack a serious punch before giving out.

Ok, not quite sure what you guys are seeing with the movement? By my calculations, the MW and FC just barely reach there due to the penalties and movement hampering, but they do make it there. However, the GI forces, while having delayed a little longer, are able to get there with movement to spare, which makes up for leaving slightly later.

Movement is calculated as travel time and such, and going along that train of though, despite the GI have much more severe travel penalties, they should arrive at about the same time...

Ofc, this is the part where Tune tells me I am wrong and explains how using some math I likely forgot or something. :o :o :o

Are they coming from Druckenwell or somewhere else?

Are they coming from Druckenwell or somewhere else?

If I remember right, Druckenwell is where the MW and FC met up, and set out from there up the Corellian trade route before taking smaller routes to reach Cato Nemoidia, ultimately entering from the Quellor entrance after having sent groups of scouts ahead.

If I remember right, Druckenwell is where the MW and FC met up, and set out from there up the Corellian trade route before taking smaller routes to reach Cato Nemoidia, ultimately entering from the Quellor entrance after having sent groups of scouts ahead.

They did all that this week?

20 Tartan could take care of like 1,000 fighters or so. Add to that the Vindicator's anti starfighter weaponry. Add to that the firepower that can come from the Victory's and Imperial star destroyers and it can pack a serious punch before giving out.

That still leaves 1,944 fighters that can harass the GE capital ships.Not to mention how many Tartans would be destroyed at the start of the Battle their would be one of the main focus of our fire power.I would admit that the Victory and the Imperial star destroyers will pack a mean punch but again with my fleet capital ships which are equipped with Long range Turbolaser which will bombard them from a far which will do some serious damage before they get into range to fire on us.

Edited by Jarons

That still leaves 1,944 fighters that can harass the GE capital ships.Not to mention how many Tartans would be destroyed at the start of the Battle their would be one of the main focus of our fire power.I would admit that the Victory and the Imperial star destroyers will pack a mean punch but again with my fleet capital ships which are equipped with Long range Turbolaser which will bombard them from a far which will do some serious damage before they get into range to fire on us.

The long range won't be very useful against the Tartans though because of their ridiculous speed. It's practically the same as tracking a starfighter.

But if the goal is capture then dishing out damage is the worse you could do. Especially when you're trying to fly an undermanned nearly crippled ship across the galaxy.

Basically only just able to reach Cato Nemoidia. Meaning that they wouldn't be able to move until next turn if nothing else at all.

Are they getting paid overtime for this? Because that's ridiculous.

Edited by karadron

I count 4 squares for the Durkenwell one, and around 2 and half for the Alderaan one. The Alderaan one has slightly more penalties, but Durkenwell is a bit farther, Alderaan leaves later.... still feeling a couple hours.... maybe, but ya that is a lot closer then I thought.

I count 4 squares for the Durkenwell one, and around 2 and half for the Alderaan one. The Alderaan one has slightly more penalties, but Durkenwell is a bit farther, Alderaan leaves later.... still feeling a couple hours.... maybe, but ya that is a lot closer then I thought.

*Waves Magic Wand of Awesomeness*

There, the FC&MW stopped to grab a few high quality... *thinks for a moment*... tons of helmet polish! Yeah! thats it...

<.< >.< >.>

Did they.... come from some where OTHER then durkenwell BEFORE leaving Durken well.. or what ever the hell its called.

Edit: to be fair guys since the Hyperspace route goes Diagonaly... I am COUNTING it diagnally....

Edited by tunewalker

The long range won't be very useful against the Tartans though because of their ridiculous speed. It's practically the same as tracking a starfighter.

But if the goal is capture then dishing out damage is the worse you could do. Especially when you're trying to fly an undermanned nearly crippled ship across the galaxy.

Ah, you mistake our desire to capture for an unwillingness to deal damage.

Once you showed up all bets were off. Any ship we board we'll capture, otherwise it will be scrap. The biggest problem you face for the Tartans is that they are susceptible to the sheer firepower being unloaded in the limited amount of space this battle will occur in.

Did they.... come from some where OTHER then durkenwell BEFORE leaving Durken well.. or what ever the hell its called.

Edit: to be fair guys since the Hyperspace route goes Diagonaly... I am COUNTING it diagnally....

I was at Druckenwell prior to this turn. My entire fleet has no penalties going into this week and I assume Jarons is the same as I think he moved when I moved.

The one thing I don't see is how Jerec is going to be so late, unless he just intercepts the fighters at Commenor.

In-Universe, you know why Karadron. :jawa_evil: The reason no one else knows yet, yes, that one! Had to complete a few things in regards to it first.

Out-Universe, balance quite simply. Having it arrive at the same time would be guaranteed defeat for the FC&MW, but having a delay allows for debate while not allowing attrition tactics.