The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Conquest: Galactic Scheme's

Silenceo

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really since I'd know you were BSing. As I said, infiltrate planets I control? sure. Businesses partners? sure. Could you even manage to infiltrate the legions of normal mandos I have at my disposal? Perhaps.

Can you infiltrate the most elite forces of the most clandestine Mandalorian sect on one of the most sensitive missions they've ever done? Sil has done you a great disservice if he's made you think you have that kind of reach.

What kind of reach do you think I have because its actually quite large. :p

Actually that was never discussed. But bombarding communications with tons of useless information will hamper. Just imagine trying to give orders over that demoralizing speech. :p

Hamper. Thank you. Thank god you see sense!

Yes hamper, I agree it will hamper communications, expect the fact that the Kandosii has upgraded sensor and comm systems to sort through it better meaning that orders are getting out quite well and the Admiral has a good view of the battle.

Says what exactly? And whose to say those older models would even be affected?

Because if they weren't then why would they need to improve targeting computers against jamming technology. If the old way worked then there would be no reason to improve. Then again with the old models used here they might have operate fine against equally old jamming tech, nut here they're against jamming tech that is newer and more advanced than any they would have faced during their time.

Because if they weren't then why would they need to improve targeting computers against jamming technology. If the old way worked then there would be no reason to improve. Then again with the old models used here they might have operate fine against equally old jamming tech, nut here they're against jamming tech that is newer and more advanced than any they would have faced during their time.

I honestly fail to see how a short-range anti-starfighter jammer is going to disrupt a capital ship's missiles well enough to have any effect. I mean, I'll address the rest when that basic flaw in your entire argument is corrected.

now you're grasping. good...

Actually its a fairly reasonable argument. If the manual override is easily accessible then the loses will be minimal, but if its not then the bridge is gone.

Grasping: Although nothings stopping a renegade fighter pilot from flying into it either. :p

Ok Karadron, I know you wont like this, but.... the planet they are attacking is like 2 days away from Alderaan, I dont see how the Vengeance is going to get there in time. As far as I know it was still above the planet when I arrived back there to pick up Beeska, which was 2 days after I was captured so honestly I dont see him getting there in "3 hours" I see it much more plausible he gets in there in 1-2 days.... by which point I could technically see if I could call reinforcements of my own in.... at a reduced pay for everyone... maybe... Probably not TO reduced since its essentially setting a trap for a BIG name in the Empire....

Well that considering that no one knew he died until they entered the system that will take quite a bit of time and also eliminates a possible boarding party.

But then don't underestimate Spacetroopers. Their primary function is boarding and taking enemy vessels and their armed to the teeth (practically a tank). So that 2:1 ratio means little, especially when the Spacetroopers could just vent a room and be perfectly fine.

There is no way that the Inquisition would send in Droidekas alone to board they would be sent with normal stormtroopers to act as shields and turrets.

No he died before we jumped into Cato Neimoida am assuming while we were in Quellor when it happened so there would be enough time for them to board the ship and start the search.That's the point we will no longer be boarding any ships because finding the Murders is way more important then the Boarding action which am completely sure the Mando Werda can handle.

I don't underestimate the Spacetroopers I know their good but there not invincible .My men are equipped with A280 blaster rifle which are known to be able to cut a fully-armored stormtrooper in half at medium range, there armor is strong but it is still bulky so they will move slowly 2 of my soldiers will move faster and will be able to pierce its armor within 3-5 shoots each at most 10.

I know that I imply the same strategy but had to say something just incase.

Well my Faction has these 2 traits that will make sure that won't happened

Faction Trait 2:Tricks of the Trade.Units are made of former Smugglers, Enforcers and Mercenaries all have their own special trick they learned during their line of work that they shared with one another.Improves Unit cohesion

Faction Trait 3:Turn the other cheek:Most of faction consist of former criminals who have given up their old ways to make a better future for them and their families..Increases Morals and loyalty to the faction and its leaders.

So I don't think that will happen.

Faction traits aside their commander was killed after a secret meeting about battle strategy. They won't be suspicious at all? Given the situation they don't have anyone else to suspect. I mean they didn't know he died until they came out of hyperspace.

Grasping: Although nothings stopping a renegade fighter pilot from flying into it either. :p

Ya know, you toe a dangerous line Karadron, nearly having me completely unload on you at once a few times now. But this right here just made me out loud laugh and I thank you.

Actually its a fairly reasonable argument. If the manual override is easily accessible then the loses will be minimal, but if its not then the bridge is gone.

It would be, not to mention very little is automated, look at the crew size again before deciding to board this ship :p

I'd also ask your plans for dealing with the Cabure and Basilisks between you man and the bridge or anything that connects to the bridge.

As for the fighter. I have Point Defence cannons, and some common sense (enough to bolster my shields and armor :p)

Ok Karadron, I know you wont like this, but.... the planet they are attacking is like 2 days away from Alderaan, I dont see how the Vengeance is going to get there in time. As far as I know it was still above the planet when I arrived back there to pick up Beeska, which was 2 days after I was captured so honestly I dont see him getting there in "3 hours" I see it much more plausible he gets in there in 1-2 days.... by which point I could technically see if I could call reinforcements of my own in.... at a reduced pay for everyone... maybe... Probably not TO reduced since its essentially setting a trap for a BIG name in the Empire....

Then how in the world did my fleet get there already?

Then how in the world did my fleet get there already?

Tbh honest I pointed this out earlier I believe and no one said anything so we really don't know how you got their so fast.I think space magic that's the only way I can see it happening.

Ya know, you toe a dangerous line Karadron, nearly having me completely unload on you at once a few times now. But this right here just made me out loud laugh and I thank you.

It would be, not to mention very little is automated, look at the crew size again before deciding to board this ship :p

I'd also ask your plans for dealing with the Cabure and Basilisks between you man and the bridge or anything that connects to the bridge.

As for the fighter. I have Point Defence cannons, and some common sense (enough to bolster my shields and armor :p)

Well, I was thinking that they would get past by offering refreshments, maybe some protein bars or something. Cake maybe? The admiral can't command right without his prebattle snack anyway. :p

Faction traits aside their commander was killed after a secret meeting about battle strategy. They won't be suspicious at all? Given the situation they don't have anyone else to suspect. I mean they didn't know he died until they came out of hyperspace.

Are you trying to sow dissention between the MW and FC?

You forget one massive thing. The MW was vital in reclaiming Gall, the FC and MW guys have fought side-by-side before. There is loyalty already there Karadron, your tactics btw, are much to forward and obvious.

Well, I was thinking that they would get past by offering refreshments, maybe some protein bars or something. Cake maybe? The admiral can't command right without his prebattle snack anyway. :p

Oh, of course... we'll just let you pass then. Totally legit, he's wearing a waiter's uniform... Everyone knows you can't infiltrate the waiter's guild :D

Honestly that would be kind of cool to see Star's and Jarons group fight off the initial Imperial fleet, fight on the ground and then 2 days into the ground battle the GI and Jarec arrives a few hours later... that makes more sense to me....

No he died before we jumped into Cato Neimoida am assuming while we were in Quellor when it happened so there would be enough time for them to board the ship and start the search.That's the point we will no longer be boarding any ships because finding the Murders is way more important then the Boarding action which am completely sure the Mando Werda can handle.

I don't underestimate the Spacetroopers I know their good but there not invincible .My men are equipped with A280 blaster rifle which are known to be able to cut a fully-armored stormtrooper in half at medium range, there armor is strong but it is still bulky so they will move slowly 2 of my soldiers will move faster and will be able to pierce its armor within 3-5 shoots each at most 10.

I know that I imply the same strategy but had to say something just incase.

Of course he died before Cato Nemoidia, but Sil said his body was not found until they arrived there.

The Spacetroopers will fare perfectly will given that this is specifically what their trained for and the fact that they have so much armaments that they could probably pile the bodies up and take minimal casualties. As well they won't waste time by just boarding they will board strategically, probably as close to the bridge as possible.

How was that a secret meeting? Why wouldn't two commanders who are very skilled and never worked together before not try and strategies together to make sure the plan goes well.Again I point to his his trait over analysis he over analysis everything he would have made sure they meet and talked and planned the battle before hand.Also any navel crewman/Officer with any training at all would know why they meet.Also both Factions has bleed and lost friends together am pretty sure they trust each other.

Edited by Jarons

Honestly that would be kind of cool to see Star's and Jarons group fight off the initial Imperial fleet, fight on the ground and then 2 days into the ground battle the GI and Jarec arrives a few hours later... that makes more sense to me....

Yeah, except the MW is not setting foot on the ground. We're blasting the fleet, looting the corpses, and running away.

How was that a secret meeting? Why wouldn't two commanders who are very skilled and never worked together before not try and strategies together to make sure the plan goes well.Again I point the his trait over analysis he over analysis everything he would have made sure they meet.Also any navel crewman/Officer with any training at all would know why they meet.Also both Factions has bleed and lost friends together am pretty sure they trust each other.

It's a secret meeting because you said that they never told anyone else the strategy. The whole battle plan falls into two hands. If anything happened to both then the plan is dead.

And for good measure:

So...the battle plan was made by them and they never told anyone else about it?

The battle plan was sent some time before Tyrral was killed (aka he was found killed as soon as the fleet arrived at its final destination). So that's effectively the first move of the battle.

So...one DP20 and a bunch of ships that are hanging back to stay out of range of that stealth detectors btw is suspicious when they are acting as a diplomatic fleet? This fleet is a bit skittish.

So the battle goes like this:

1. Tyrral is found dead

2. A diplomatic fleet that wasn't scouted is seen.

3. The whole affair is called off.

4. They start jumping to lightspeed and the sabotaged ships and stragglers are caught by the Immobilizer and captured.

Edited by karadron

Of course he died before Cato Nemoidia, but Sil said his body was not found until they arrived there.

Not possible. Unless he died in the 5 minute transit time from the edge of the system to the battle (because prior to that Askar would need to confer with Tyrall directly before giving the order to jump)

Which is why I'm perplexed as to the circumstances of his death. I think Sil was just thinking they jumped straight from Druckenwell to Cato Neimoidia and popped in system clueless. And as I've explained, that is impossible.